Grip on a sand shot

shewythemuss

Reaction score
Handicap
Just been watching thp tv about the sand shot and one thing in there is confusing me.When taking your grip it clearly states the v of the left hand points to the left shoulder, and the v of the right hand points to the right shoulder.I was always taught that the v of the left hand points to the right side of your face while the right v points to your shoulder.Can you claify the hand position on a bunker shot for me.
My normal grip is left hand v to right of face and right hand v to right shoulder.

Cheers
STM

Great catch on the video. I would like both v's pointing to the right. Left hand to the right ear and right hand to the right shoulder. I hadn't noticed that in the video and once you said it I had to check. Sorry about that and thanks for pointing that out. I hope other than that the video was helpful.

That video is the number one reason that I am comfortable in the sand. The only problem is that I don't trust myself all the time and then I end up hitting two. It's hard to swing hard when your target is so close, lol.

cheers for clearing that up,it is a great video though as it highlights that I don't move my ball up in my stance enough

Moving the ball up does a couple things to make the sand shot easier. First by moving it up it makes it easier to hit the sand first and that is huge. Second it helps to get the ball in the air faster and higher. This is why the sand shot should be a more forgiving shot for us. Keep at it and let me know how things go.

Back