Bomb_n_Gouge

Reaction score
I have been working on curing a slice that showed up over a year ago and have finally gotten to the point where my drives are respectable and straight or with a little draw. I even played 1 under through the first 4 holes Saturday before getting called off the course for lightning.

I have brought this up before on this forum but I seem to have some extremely high ball flight with everything in my bag. Doesn't matter if it is my Driver or my pitching wedge, the flight is high. Normally by drive hits the fairway and stops or even comes back 1-3ft. My irons are the same way, which I don't mind as much because it is very easy for me to go after pins.

Is there any common cause for this? I would gladly video my swing and put it up here, I just need help on how to upload a video because I am having trouble with uploading video and pictures.

Driver Setup is Diamana S 83gram Whiteboard with 6-2-6 weight set up 8.5 loft

Ball is is placed below the logo on my polo for most shots, moved to the center when I am looking for a little added distance on irons.

thanks!

You would need to ask around on how to post video I am not so good with those types of things. In terms of causes for the high ball flight I would guess that you flip at impact as your way of squaring the club. The flip normally comes from a disconnect with the arms and body on the down swing. The best way to get the feel of getting quiet hands through the ball is to go out to the range and setup normal. From here without moving the ball position try to hit punch shots and feel what the hands are doing as you go through the ball. They will stay quiet and drive to stay in front of the club head. This is a must to flight down the ball. Let me know if you can get a video posted so we can work through your swing.

The easiest way (that I've found) to get a good video up is to join SwingAcademy.com. You can upload your video (it allows frame by frame slow downs) and give Andy the link.

Back