Hybrids that don't hook?

JimmyOhio

Reaction score
Handicap
It seems that most of the hybrids I have tried have a bit of a draw bias which can turn into a dead hook. Do you guys have any suggestions for hybrids that don't hook?

It seems that most of the hybrids I have tried have a bit of a draw bias which can turn into a dead hook. Do you guys have any suggestions for hybrids that don't hook?
Yes! I went to a driving iron because every hybrid I hit would end up hooking 😵

Cobra King TEC hybrid is what you’re looking for. I had the same hooking issue with hybrids, but King TEC took care of that problem.

King Tec as others have said. Mizuno CLK isn’t draw bias. Ping G425 can be made to play flat as well.

Apex 19 didn't hook for me. Assume the latest version is similar. Not sure if it is Pro or not. King Tec doesn't hook and is adjustable as well.

If I am reading the specs correctly, both the Ping G425 Max and Cobra LTDx hybrids have flatter starting lie angles than the King Tec. And the Ping's lie can be adjusted flatter as well.

The Callaway mavrik pro fixed that for me. But while it fixed the hook I just can't consistently hit it in general so gotta find something else

I don’t have much experience in this department but I have had the same issue in the past. After testing Callaway’s current offerings I can say that I did struggle with the Rogue hybrids, but the Epic Super Hybrid didn’t go left on me. Neither did the X-Forged UT or the Apex UW. I ultimately settled on the UW for my needs.

I ended up dumping the hybrid and going to a 5wood for this very reason. I can't stop hooking them.

The Callaway Super Hybrid is probably the most hook-proof club I've ever played.

Apex 19 didn't hook for me. Assume the latest version is similar. Not sure if it is Pro or not. King Tec doesn't hook and is adjustable as well.
Exactly my understanding as well. It is was supposed to be neutral bias and is the reason I have one. My standard shot is a draw and I don't need any help there.

Apex 19 didn't hook for me.
Same for me. That is what I was given at #TheGrandaddy in 2018 and had to eventually trade it in for something else. It was definitely fade biased.

Ping G425 is a good option. Definitely not a hook machine for me.

Sub70 949X Pro, it's actually set 1° open to help mitigate the hook.

I'm having a hooking problem with an Apex DCB 4H (slight draw when I'm hitting it well). It's a game improvement club so understandable, but fading/slicing is not my issue. It might be a healthy scratch this year because I just snagged a PXG 5 w and a Tour Edge 7w.

The Apex Pro is the most neutral hybrid I've played.

I was the same as you until i tried @Scooby45 Cobra King Tec. It opened new doors for me. Give it a shot, you wont be disappointed.

Cobra hybrids are pretty straight aligned.

Sub70 949X Pro, it's actually set 1° open to help mitigate the hook.

I have the non pro version and have been pondering an upgrade. Great club at half the price of most others.

I put away my hybrids for five years because of the hook problem and brought them this year and my swing has changed now it’s a control draw The only thing I really changed is I’m hitting down on the hybrids like the irons If I hit up or sweep it’s still hooksvile
Larger head and open makes it easier to deloft the hybrid

Back