Interesting Putting Observation

Do not guess. Get a fitting so you'll have confidence the characteristics of the putter are right for your stroke.

Check the placement of the ball with the sweetspot at address.

This!

It’s definitely not the same for all putters. I found the DB worked better further back, the slant further forward. Also eye position with a DB is more over the ball than with a blade which is generally inside the ball.

Putting mirror tells no tales.

This!

It’s definitely not the same for all putters. I found the DB worked better further back, the slant further forward. Also eye position with a DB is more over the ball than with a blade which is generally inside the ball.

Putting mirror tells no tales.
Definitely prefer the ball a little more forward. Probably why I struggle with the DB. With the plumbers neck I find I naturally put the ball in middle of my stance

I’m going to make a deal with myself. If I get to single digits, I will buy a blade. The candidates will be a Ping PLD, Scotty Cameron Champions Choice, and an AI One.

Currently sitting at a 12.9 but got as low as 12.4 on my recent trip.

There’s also a good chance that 3 months from now I’m sitting at a 12 and end up with a blade but at least now I have motivation😂

So get to 9, screw it all up with a new putter, back to a 12.

🤣

Joining Welcome Home GIF

So get to 9, screw it all up with a new putter, back to a 12.

🤣

Joining Welcome Home GIF
I figure at that point I can spare a few bad putting rounds while I adjust. I do practice putting a lot in the summer

Back