Is there much difference between the Tensei Orange CK and AV series?

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
They use the AV series as a stock shaft option for the G425 driver but the CK in the G410. I see plenty of used CK series shafts for sale online. Looking at the specs there generally seems to be a gram difference in weight and the AV has a slightly lower torque rating.

Any comments from anyone who has hit both? Is there a noticeable difference in feel? I'm assuming the AV feels more stable but I just wonder if people have seen significant performance differences.

I have hit both in 65x flex orange. AV is much better in my opinion. Shaft stays with me better and the tip feels more stable as well. That being said, I just put in a Smoke RDX blue to try out since am intrigued by the softer mid-section, stiffer tip and torque being at 3.2 vs 4.3.

They use the AV series as a stock shaft option for the G425 driver but the CK in the G410. I see plenty of used CK series shafts for sale online. Looking at the specs there generally seems to be a gram difference in weight and the AV has a slightly lower torque rating.

Any comments from anyone who has hit both? Is there a noticeable difference in feel? I'm assuming the AV feels more stable but I just wonder if people have seen significant performance differences.
Not sure on the AV but the CK is a counter balance design.

I have hit both in 65x flex orange. AV is much better in my opinion. Shaft stays with me better and the tip feels more stable as well. That being said, I just put in a Smoke RDX blue to try out since am intrigued by the softer mid-section, stiffer tip and torque being at 3.2 vs 4.3.
Yeah, Ping's webfit recommends the Tensei shaft for me but I've never gotten to hit it. I was curious if it was something I'd actually like but the Riptide CB I have now is probably pretty similar and maybe even better for me.

Back