Just pulled some shafts

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I got these Hogan Radials which look brand new. My desire is to insert a set of Rapid Tapers I got into them. So the old Hogans are pinned. A little metal pin that is inserted about 1/2 down the hosel. I removed those with ease. Had two different size augers or whatever they are called. Larger one started the pin movement out, smaller one pushed it right thru.
Next up was the head removal. Luckily all the women were out of the house. I wasn't sure this would work. I boiled a pot of water and stuck the clubs into it. Pulled each out wedged my foot on head and twisted the shaft right out. Did the 6 clubs in about 15 minutes. Then I cleaned out the inside of hosels. They are ready now for shaft insertion.
My battle with this is that my entire set up of golf related work tools are in sorage in CT as I sit in PA right now. But happy with the progress so far.

That's pretty desperate to do some building. Especially when the tools needed aren't around :ROFLMAO:

Meh, the hot water will sterilize everything. Besides, you're gonna wash the pot before you put it back anyway

Now this is classic…not a method I recommend…but it seemed like it worked.

I have pulled iron heads in that method before I got a shaft puller.

I think you will like the Rapid Tapers they are an excellent shaft.

Back