Kangaroo Golf Z Series Remote Golf Caddy

tfletch17

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone, new here and just wondering who might have a Kangaroo Golf Z Series Golf Caddy. My wife and I each purchased one April of 2020. Love them but have had a couple issues and want to see if anyone else has them.

#1 Batteries. Both batteries failed once in awhile without making it 18 holes. We have the Caddy Cell Lithium batteries. Called Kanagaroo Golf and I must say that their customer service is phenomenal. They sent me two connectors that connect directly to the batteries via pigtails instead of the plug in cord that comes with them. Seemed to work but failure again. Called again and they immediately sent us out two new batteries. Received them and started using them. Couple more failures so I called and we came to the conclusion that the walk from our home to the clubhouse is just short of a half mile and this may be the issue. So we purchased two additional batteries so we will know we can make it around the course and back home. We play golf 3+ times a week so well worth the expense for the enjoyment of walking. Must say that I think the battery should hold up easily but it is what it is. Anyone else had issues?

#2 Wheels/Tires. They are very cool looking. However, as time went on they started making a squishy squeaky noise as they turned and quite loud. They do it more in wet conditions but sometimes dry too. Very annoying! Sent Kangaroo Golf a video and called them. Once again, excellent customer service. Very easy to reach and talk to John, their techy guy. He immediately sent out 4 new tires. Unfortunately, same noise. UGH! The remedy is to ship back the drivetrain part of cart and they can retrofit previous model drivetrain with different wheels and tires. However the tires look very similar in pictures so we have not done this yet. Would like to hear from anyone that may have had this problem and what happened.

We love the carts and will keep them because they are built well and love to walk.

Glad the CS was good for you! But if the battery is dying in a half mile walk from your house to the course, how on earth does one last for a full round?

I've never heard of this company but I'm getting this back to the top in case someone else has.

And welcome to THP sir!

Reactions: JB
Hello, thanks for the reply. It's the additional 1/2 mile supposedly that is doing it. It has went dead on the 17th or 18th hole a few times but other times we finish the 18 holes and then walk back home the 1/2 mile. Even the two new batteries I purchased have done it so no rhyme or reason to it. But with the extra battery we know we won't be pushing them home anymore because that's not easy. Live a crazy good day! fletch

Welcome - I have had 3 types of electric cart - none have ever drained before the round ended. And, to be honest the 1/2 mile should have no impact. The idea is that any electric cart should be able to complete 18 holes without fail - unless the battery is old or can't hold a full charge.

I won't go into full details but my first cart used a marine battery and that one had to be charged all the time with a trickle charger - a pain but when I maintained it, no issues.

The next was a larger 4 wheel follow you model with Li battery it also was supposed to be charge for maybe a day before use and it also worked flawlessly - the cart was another story but the issue was never the battery.

Presently my cart is just added EWheels V2 to my pushcart. According to my apple watch I walked 7+ miles with it, and the batter indicator still had 2 out of 5 dots - and the 3rd had just gone off about 17. So it was more like 2.5 dots left. This battery is smaller than any I have used before, and it charges up faster - the cart runs off a remote control, I think, having discussed with others who also have this, that the more you correct/command the more battery drain.

So, in your case (in my mind anyway) either you are degrading the battery by possibly overcharging it, there is a short of some kind that is draining power for the battery or the connection is somehow damaged/suspect. Adding even 1 mile (round trip) should have no impact, unless your course is really long, or really hilly, or you drive the carts all over the place (using/draining power) - sort of demoing it or joyriding it (for lack of a better explanation), I doubt you do either, so, for me, it's back to overcharging or damaged electronics on the cart itself - either wiring or contact.

Good luck - hope you can determine what the issue and cause is. Can you get a battery tester or other testing device to determine how much is being drawn when the cart is engaged?

Thanks for your response. Very helpful. We played 18 today and both walked with the Kangaroos. Both made it the 18 holes along with the walk there and back. Kangaroo told us to recharge after every use and we do and they only take about 5-6 hours to charge and there's a green light that comes on when fully charged. The odd thing is, it's not just one or tow batteries, all four have failed to early at one time or the other. Now that we have two each it's not a concern but it should not be necessary as you stated in your reply. Should easily cover this course and the extra easily otherwise a whole lot of people would be upset. The tires were quiet the whole way around today with only a little moisture here and there. Will be playing the next 3 days so we'll see how it goes. Live a crazy good day! fletch

Back