Keeping the head still.

hartattack52

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been taking some lessons and hitting everyday. I think I have fixed most of the major problems in my swing. I'm finally hitting very well and my swing actually looks good. The only thing that is still causing me trouble is that my head drops at the top of the backswing and through the downswing. I have no idea hot to fix this. I can't feel my head dropping and when i think i am keeping it still, it still drops significantly. Can anyone help me out with this, or maybe give me some drills?

Thanks!

Do this drill without a ball, proceed with your regular setup but instead of looking down to where the ball would be look up at something approximately your height (something at eye level). you will notice your dip as you make swings. hopefully this will help!

Google a swing aid called: Path Pro. Can be used in a variety of ways for differ faults... swing path, swaying head movement etc. Another cheaper alternative is using a camera tripod if ypu have one. Until I got the path pro, I attached a pool noodle onto the pan/tilt handle of the tripod and positioned it just off my head. Goal was to swing without making contact. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Guys, please keep threads in the Ask The Pro section clean until Andy has a chance to respond. Thanks.

Back