Keeping your tempo/timing?

F.N.G

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I keep loosing my timing throughout a round. I normally start off ok (depending on how the warm up range went). Then I seem to just start smacking and slashing at the ball for number of holes then smooth again and enter rollercoaster mode back and forth.

So I would love to hear how everyone keeps their tempo the same while playing a round.

This is the hardest thing about golf for me. I’m all ears for tips.

I am slowly remembering how I "Got Game" when I 1st started playing in early 80s. My 1st fix was massive slice, few weeks later it was slow tempo down by taking a full swing with my feet together and hold finish. The final was hitting center of face consistently, this was Done in basement with my net every night with tape on face. I had high ceiling so was able to swing up to 3w. At times the wife would have to come down and say it was late. This took in all a little over a year of net, 9 holes, 18 holes, and Range-Bunker time. After all this I found swinging slower I was hitting it much further and hitting down into ball more.
Now getting in game again if I become erratic on course I know I'm trying to get too much from a club so I take 2 casual swings without touching the turf to calm me down.

Back