Lead tape on drivers

Aparisi33

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys just wondering your experiences with it and if it helps...also does it mess up the finish as well if you take it off?

I've never used lead tape, even when I had non adjustable drivers. But aren't moveable weights kind of making lead tape (especially on drivers) not too common anymore?

Done it on a lot of my drivers over the years if necessary. Never really had an issue with messing up the finish, but never really checked much of issues either.

I do it to adjust swing weight. Never had an issue. Eventually, I'd like to learn to do hot melting, but lead/tungsten weights seem to work for me.

I currently have some on my driver. It seems to help me be more consistent. I mainly did it for swingweight purposes with my shorter shaft.

I haven't removed the tape so I don't know if it will effect the finish.

I have some on my M2. Seems to work well. Haven't tried to take it off yet!

I had lead tape on my 913 driver. It was on there for probably a year before I took it off. The finish was still fine after removing the tape.

I've never used lead tape on any equipment but my recent and consistent driver woes have me thinking about all kinds of things, including lead tape and where I should stick it!

Done it on a lot of my drivers over the years if necessary. Never really had an issue with messing up the finish, but never really checked much of issues either.

This.

Years of using it and no issues.

Have been using it for years for swing weight purposes on a variety of clubs and never had an issue with it affecting finishes.

I've never used lead tape. For me I don't like the looks of it on clubs

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I like to swing D3 drivers and D2 5-7 and D3 8-W irons and D3 for 52*, 56* & 60* wedges. I use lead tape to get there;

7%2030%2016%20M2%20weight_zpspxr7iyak.jpg

9%201%2016%20iron%20lead%20tape_zpsfgcihgex.jpg

I can't get it to stick to my g30. It lasts for about a round and it flies off. Thinking about using some superglue to help with the adhesive

Love the weight with it on there

I have used lead tape over the years a lot on drivers and no issues removing it. Just use Goo Gone or lighter fluid if needed. Neither will hurt the finish.

Sorry to revive this thread, has anyone ever put lead tape above the ferrule of the driver? Seems like a good place to add additional weight

Sent from HTX

I have 4 grams in the weight track on my epic. No issues and it peels off with no damage.

Didn't notice it was old. Above the ferrule on the shaft? Never done that but they have shaft tips. I have used lead tape on the heel area of adjustable divers basically in the area the screw is in

I have 4 grams in the weight track on my epic. No issues and it peels off with no damage.

Didn't notice it was old. Above the ferrule on the shaft? Never done that but they have shaft tips. I have used lead tape on the heel area of adjustable divers basically in the area the screw is in

Figuring if anything it’ll stiffen up the tip with the weight there. Could also mess everything up but I won’t know until tomorrow when I’m on the range

Sent from HTX

Adding weight will have the opposite effect. The shaft will play softer

My dad was always into lead tape, guess it helped him.

I’ve found that a slightly stronger grip on my driver can do what a pound of lead tape does for him.

I cut down my old Nike Driver and added lead tape to bring the swing weight back up. In all honesty I didn't see a difference with my accuracy like I thought I would. I haven't done to any other driver since then.

Back