Long iron replacement, Mizuno MP Fli Hi Iron or MP H4?

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys I have been playing the Callaway 2013 X Forged irons with PXI 6.0 for the last 2 months and I'm loving the point and shoot accuracy of the mid and short irons. My issue with them is the 3 and 4 iron have no forgiveness on mishits so I'm looking at replacing both with either the mp fli hi irons from 2010 or the new mp h4 irons. I wondering if any of you gentlemen have tested either of these clubs and what your feedback is on their performance and forgiveness. Any info would help. Thanks

Why not consider a hybrid or even the new Cleveland MTs?

What about the Callaway version?

I have been considering the cally hybrid iron also. Only concern with the cally is price. $200 a piece for the cally or $120 a piece for mizzy.

Tapatalking from the bottom of the cup.

i would test the cleveland 588 mts 3i and 4i. Only about $80 stock. Thats prob what im going to do cause i cant hit hybrids at all but do well with irons.

I play the MP-H4 3-iron and it is so easy to hit I think that I am considering the 2-iron to play when I need to hit the ball lower than my Stage 2 hybrid.

I play the MP-H4 3-iron and it is so easy to hit I think that I am considering the 2-iron to play when I need to hit the ball lower than my Stage 2 hybrid.

How is the feel on the mp h4? I'm sure its not buttery soft but do you receive decent feedback at impact. Also how is the ball flight? Is it a noticeable higher flight than a standard 3?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

How is the feel on the mp h4? I'm sure its not buttery soft but do you receive decent feedback at impact. Also how is the ball flight? Is it a noticeable higher flight than a standard 3?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Similar to the MP-64, but with a tad more thunk to feel. Ball flight is similar as well, very direct and boring.

Check out the deal of the day thread, the Wilson Fybrid RS hybrids are on sale for a great price and they are pretty awesome hybrids too. It would be all but impossible to beat IMO.

I recently pulled my MP 2 iron out of the garage. Makes me wonder why I ever put it in there!
Only took it out to try out a driving iron in case I wanted to buy the new titleist 712 U. Don't think I'll change tbh cause its a beast! The weight makes it easy to generate some serious club head speed, can hit it easily over 250 thanks to the run out.
Would be worth trying it out if you can. I mustve removed it from my bag for a reason the first time round.

my recommendation between Mizuno MP Fli Hi Iron or MP H4 is MPH4.
However you could also look at JPX FLI-HI.

I'd go H-4 if those are your only two options.

A buddy of mine RAVES about his Mizzy Fli-hi 3 & 4 hybrids with the factory steel shafts. He loves hybrids & ditched all of his for the Mizzy's.

I hit the MP-H4 3 & 4
what a nice feeling club, straight as an arrow and long.
They may replace my Cleveland M3 & M4.

I've got the MP-H4 3 iron and MP-64 irons and I love them. The H4 is an amazing club for me especially off the tee and on par 5's. I hit the ball very accurately for a 3i. It almost seems automatic off the tee on tight driving holes, though I wish it went a little farther. I love the height the H4 puts on the ball, it doesn't balloon like a hybrid and it doesnt fly too low for a 3i. Overall, you cant go wrong with the H4. Wish it rolled out a little more off the tee, but the feel for a low iron is great.

Isn't the MP-H4 the replacement on the MP Fli-Hi?

Back