Long par 3 or short par 3 it is highly recommended - do you use a tee on all par 3's? Thank you!

jackod

Reaction score
Just wondering - long par 3 or short par 3 it is highly recommended - do you use a tee on all par 3's? Thank you!

Every...dang...time 👍🏼

Reactions: Ooo
Yes, tee used on all par 3’s unless I am hitting a lob wedge, which only occurs at a local par 3 course.

Anytime I can use a tee, I do!

I don't ever use a tee on par 3s. I realize that's in the minority but I like hitting right off the grass.

I don’t use a tee on par 3’s with rubber mats. I’m that cool….😎

I always use a tee. I want a perfect lie.

Low tee, yes, all the time.

Depends on the iron being used. I get a huge amount of spin high on the face with the CBs.

I do. But I'll have the habitual tendency to tee it up just a bit too high. Demons, I'm sure, about past chunks and duffed shots.

When too high, the ball will turn over on me, and I'll miss the green left.

Always. Just high enough to get the ball sitting barely above the top of the grass. No guessing how much spin I will get, ever.

Very, very rarely do I not use a tee...it would have to be a GW/SW distance & I almost never play par 3's that short (<90 yds).

Step Brothers Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

I smell THREAD THIEVERY!!

😆

Of course I don't.

Last edited:
It completely depends on the shot. I find that when I tee the ball up on an iron shot for a par 3 I tend to hit a little farther than if I don’t. So if the shot needs a little less than a particular club I don’t use a tee. If it’s a little long for the needed club I’ll tee it up.

Always tee for me.

Anytime I'm allowed I Tre it up.

Reactions: Ooo
Always use a tee. I had 2 instructors tell me every amateur should so that’s what I go with.

Use a tee always.

Jack always said "when you get any opportunity to tee it up, do it."

Yes, I tee the ball up on Par 3 holes. Can't understand why this is even a "thing" that comes up constantly on forums. Must be a bunch of very silly people out there thinking a tee under the ball is somehow going to hurt them.

Here's a hint. You can tee the ball on a tee as low as you like...

Back