Looking for a back up set of Irons... Around 700.00 or less out the door

GolfingDawg

Reaction score
Handicap
My son played and took my backup set of clubs back to Tampa with him. He hit them better than his current set and has every time he comes and plays with me here in North Georgia. So, I am looking for another set. My current Irons are Callaway Mavriks. I hit them pretty well. Looking at the Cobra LTD model and also Callaway's, not model specific at the moment. Any others that I might consider in that price range?

My son played and took my backup set of clubs back to Tampa with him. He hit them better than his current set and has every time he comes and plays with me here in North Georgia. So, I am looking for another set. My current Irons are Callaway Mavriks. I hit them pretty well. Looking at the Cobra LTD model and also Callaway's, not model specific at the moment. Any others that I might consider in that price range?

Check out Callaway Pre-Owned you could even jump up to the Rogue Iron set for that price range it looks like.

I think Tour Edge has some iron sets that are around that price point as well.

Don't know if you found a backup set already. But wanted to recommend the Cleveland XL irons. They are hollow bodied, are a good price at the moment, have the V sole, and I think they look great. Happy hunting.

Try the new Ram irons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As previously mentioned, Callaway Prewoned is a great option. Also, check out the clearance and open box section at Rock Bottom Golf.

Check out Callaway Pre-Owned you could even jump up to the Rogue Iron set for that price range it looks like.

First thing I thought of. That store is wonderful.

I picked up a set of these in graphite just to try the graphite shafts and a combo set at a reasonable price in case I didn't like them. I dont like them, I love them. Sold my T300's and haven't any regrets. They are pretty good looking too imho....

I have a very nice set of Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro irons (6 - GW) / hybrids (4 & 5) with Recoil 95 F3 (regular flex) that I have been seriously considering selling soon. All clubs are in excellent condition. Will be happy to send pictures if you are interested.

PXG 0211 X2Cors are $99/each with either Elevate, Recoil Dart, Cypher, MMT, KBS Tour or KBS Tour lite shafts

Here’s a pick of my current set in the darkness finish $109/iron.
IMG_8255.jpegIMG_8254.jpeg

Last edited:
Back