Mashie, Hybrid, Rescue - I'm confused

omikey

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 17.8
I need a lil clarification help, Please, Thanks.

Is there a short easy way to describe the differences between Mashie, Hybrid and Rescue clubs ?

I have a gap in my bag from my 7I to the 7W (7I at 145, 7W at 170) and think that I'd like to put the TM SF 2.0 Hybrid in there.
(I also want to replace my 7W & 5W but that's a different thread)

When I see it called the RESCUE, is that the same club ?

Other than the design of the TM SF 2.0 hybird looking like a wood, it's basically the same idea/function as say the square hybrids that I'm used to seeing, is that right ? Which I don't care for the 'looks' of those clubs.

How does that differ from the Mashie and/or some other 'RESCUE' type club.

Thanks for your help ... I don't mean to put anyone out, if this is to much to explain and you can just point me to some threads where all this is discussed I'm willing to go there and read about it.

Thanks !

Rescue is just another name for a hybrid club. Mashie is just a particular hybrid model made by Cleveland.

The hybrid is a club category of a replacement to lower loft clubs that combines technology from irons and FW woods together.

Rescue, Mashie, Baffler, etc are all names of lines from current OEMs to signify their hybrids.

I believe the terem "Rescue" is what Taylormade uses to call their hybrid clubs I believe. It is used in the same manner as a Mashie or any other hybrid club.

They are all types of Hybrids. TaylorMade calls some of their Hybrids, "Rescue" clubs. Mashie is the name of the Cleveland Hybrids.

Yall ARE THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks SO VERY MUCH, I now understand, WHEW ! (that's scary huh :laughing: )

I thought it was much more complicated than that, THANKS AGAIN !!!

Its a good topic to get clarification on. They are a great compliment for a lot of folks and I strongly encourage you explore the options. Before this year I had not played a hybrid and now have one and am looking to upgrade & expand. It almost feels like cheating to get fairway wood distance out of what swings like a mid iron, awesome! Best of luck on your search.

Back