Mizuno ST-Z 230 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I’ve seen them but never hit the fairway. This hybrid line is really nice
shame the 4 hybrid didn't make it, I would have been curious what kind of stopping power you would have gotten

I've got to bump this thread as I continue to be really impressed with the 5w. Before this I hadn't had a wood in the bag for years. It's become one of my favorite clubs in the few months I've had it since the Victory Cup. We had a big skins game on Friday and I'd hit a high weak fade with my driver on the 3rd hole. I was around 260-265 from the middle of the green with the pin on the back right. I hit a nice little draw just the way I envisioned it and landed a little short and rolling up onto the green and catching a ridge to run it a little closer towards the pin. Luckily it had enough on it to get just over that ridge and be on the right tier about 25 ft from the pin. I ended up knocking in the putt for an eagle which got me a skin.

I hit it a few more times on Saturday with one being a high straight ball on that same hole after a terrible tee shot. I hit it over both ponds and was about 30 yards short of the green. Before having this club I would have either had to hit my hybrid and hoped to carry the 2nd pond or played an iron out right which would leave me anywhere from 100-150 yards out. On another par 5 I hit it off the tee trying to go over trees and cut the corner. I hit it well right on the line I wanted but not quite as high as I would have liked. I ended up catching one of the last trees and it hit it and bounced back right about 40 yards. Had I missed that tree I would have been right in the middle of the fairway about 200 yards out vs. being about 300 yards out.

I can't tell you how much fun it is having this club and the ability to try and go after a par 5 from 250-270 yards out. It's just so good especially paired up with the LinQ red. I'm really comfortable hitting it knowing I can hit a nice low-mid flight draw or that I can open it just a hair and try to swing less inside out and hit a nice straight higher flight. I think this wood is definitely underrated.

Yesterday my GG took in a trade in on a STZ230 3h with a LinQ F3 shaft, in excellent condition. We gave the guy next to nothing for it and put it on the shelf for $99.99. I went back today and traded in two clubs I was going to do absolutely nothing with, and walked out of there for $40. Can’t wait to try it out tomorrow!

Yesterday my GG took in a trade in on a STZ230 3h with a LinQ F3 shaft, in excellent condition. We gave the guy next to nothing for it and put it on the shelf for $99.99. I went back today and traded in two clubs I was going to do absolutely nothing with, and walked out of there for $40. Can’t wait to try it out tomorrow!
This club is sort of the last piece of the puzzle for me. Gaming the ST-X 230, and just found a mint ST-Z 230 3 wood. The search continues for a 230 hybrid. Ironically, I was totally happy with the original ST_Z 3 wood, and never thought I would replace my 818h2 hybrid. Could be some failed experiments in my future.

Back