TheLutesMamba

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone tried the MMT graphite putter shaft? Another option to try in the graphite putter shaft world. Looks pretty nice and PluggedIn Golf gave it a good review. Was just curious if anyone else has given it a try.

Retail on it is only about $115 I think which is a much better price point than LAGP, Stability, and Fujikura graphite offerings.

I ended up grabbing an MMT putter shaft to give it a try. Finally got it installed in my Olson putter and have taken it out to the course a couple times this week.

After the first 5-10 putts with it, I was that Arrested Development meme saying “I’ve made a huge mistake”. But as I continued to use it and get used to the feel and weight of it, I’ve made a complete 180 switch. I absolutely love it.

It’s 135 grams which scared me. It’s my only complaint with the LAGP 135 that I have. However, this one feels a bit lighter compared to the LAGP. I’ve read it’s due to the way the weight is distributed throughout the shaft. Now it’s still heavier than a regular steel shaft but I like how stable it feels.

It creates a softer feel off the face when struck in the middle but still gives really nice feedback if you stray from the middle. They say on their website that it gives a milled putter the feel of an insert. That also scared me initially because I hate how mushy soft the white hot face is and that’s what I was picturing. But I can confidently say it did not make it feel as soft as that. Definitely softer than it was with the steel shaft but still a nice “thud” which put the Olson into a really good spot for my preferences.

Lastly, the stability is awesome. It doesn’t want to move at impact. My start lines have been so much better this week with the Olson and it’s holding it’s line really well. You can tell it’s stiffer than a steel shaft but it’s not super rigid like the KINETIXX Zero TRQ shaft felt to me. I’d say it’s a bit less rigid than the LAGP shaft and the Stability Tour shaft I have and IMO better feel than both.

I’ve tried the LAGP135, Stability Tour, and KINETIXX Zero TRQ as far as the graphite offerings go and I’d put the MMT at #1. Each of the others have a lot of pros but the MMT seems to fit my feel preference the best.

Oh and it looks really cool too. Pics below!

55FE2D3B-2F14-4D32-9B64-BF824D1BA635.jpegBE37F269-1EA0-4DCB-AC86-B7FA2B982BD2.jpeg1BB6F458-33FB-433A-AAAD-A4537CBC86D8.jpeg359F3568-93D5-4BB4-9A4D-AC4541FC792B.jpeg25E19E93-9695-4817-9EAB-BC8F7F32C184.jpegF6F5DF75-C93D-4B04-8A6D-E10CF2FED764.jpeg

That looks awesome. I am going to have to try a combo like that one of these days.

Where did you purchase the shaft?
It’s on Amazon for $114.50 actually from Shaft Technologies. Ive gotten a lot of Amazon gift cards over the last couple years and I’ve used most of them in golf shafts from this company. Always a pretty quick shipment, legit product, and good packaging.

I know putting is very subjective from one person to the next. Someone could love one feel and another person hate it. But I’m not sure why anyone would pay $400 for an LAGP shaft when you can get the MMT shaft for $114.50.

Thanks.

I saw them there, but am afraid of fake stuff after a friend bought a rifle scope that was fake.

Thanks.

I saw them there, but am afraid of fake stuff after a friend bought a rifle scope that was fake.
I’ve bought probably 10-15 shafts from them and have never had a problem. In my bag currently I have three black Dynamic Gold wedge shafts and multiple Ventus shafts from them plus the MMT putter shaft now.

I’ve bought probably 10-15 shafts from them and have never had a problem. In my bag currently I have three black Dynamic Gold wedge shafts and multiple Ventus shafts from them plus the MMT putter shaft now.
I got my MMT putter shaft through their eBay store. Great to work with.

I ended up grabbing an MMT putter shaft to give it a try. Finally got it installed in my Olson putter and have taken it out to the course a couple times this week.

After the first 5-10 putts with it, I was that Arrested Development meme saying “I’ve made a huge mistake”. But as I continued to use it and get used to the feel and weight of it, I’ve made a complete 180 switch. I absolutely love it.

It’s 135 grams which scared me. It’s my only complaint with the LAGP 135 that I have. However, this one feels a bit lighter compared to the LAGP. I’ve read it’s due to the way the weight is distributed throughout the shaft. Now it’s still heavier than a regular steel shaft but I like how stable it feels.

It creates a softer feel off the face when struck in the middle but still gives really nice feedback if you stray from the middle. They say on their website that it gives a milled putter the feel of an insert. That also scared me initially because I hate how mushy soft the white hot face is and that’s what I was picturing. But I can confidently say it did not make it feel as soft as that. Definitely softer than it was with the steel shaft but still a nice “thud” which put the Olson into a really good spot for my preferences.

Lastly, the stability is awesome. It doesn’t want to move at impact. My start lines have been so much better this week with the Olson and it’s holding it’s line really well. You can tell it’s stiffer than a steel shaft but it’s not super rigid like the KINETIXX Zero TRQ shaft felt to me. I’d say it’s a bit less rigid than the LAGP shaft and the Stability Tour shaft I have and IMO better feel than both.

I’ve tried the LAGP135, Stability Tour, and KINETIXX Zero TRQ as far as the graphite offerings go and I’d put the MMT at #1. Each of the others have a lot of pros but the MMT seems to fit my feel preference the best.

Oh and it looks really cool too. Pics below!

View attachment 9106104View attachment 9106105View attachment 9106106View attachment 9106107View attachment 9106108View attachment 9106109
I tried the stability last year. My good friend has an LAGP so I have had a decent amount of experience with them. I kind of had that same feeling right away. The shaft changed the weight and balance of my putter and I was making some poor strokes. Once I started choking down on the putter it was much much better. Last weekend I really hit a stride with it. Confidence sky rocketed and I was putting really well.

I tried the stability last year. My good friend has an LAGP so I have had a decent amount of experience with them. I kind of had that same feeling right away. The shaft changed the weight and balance of my putter and I was making some poor strokes. Once I started choking down on the putter it was much much better. Last weekend I really hit a stride with it. Confidence sky rocketed and I was putting really well.
Love to hear that. It’s a really good putter shaft at a really good price point compared to everything else out there.

I played 9 holes a couple times last week and then was able to get out for a full 18 hole round Sunday. I have a golf trip this coming weekend and wanted to see if the Olson with the MMT would be in the bag for the golf trip or if I should stick with the X5.5 I had been using.

Needless to say, after the 18 hole round Sunday, this thing will be firmly in the bag for the golf trip. Shot a nice little 73 (after going bogey-bogey-bogey to finish :mad:) and the Olson/MMT was the star of the show. Finished with only 26 putts including a 35 foot sidewinding eagle make from the top of a two-tiered green.

Looking forward to getting more work in with it on this golf trip.

Thanks for the feedback on the MMT. I only have 1 plumber neck and that has the LAGP 105g in there and I love it. My other couple putters all have Stability Tour's which are nice but I prefer the LAGP. If my mallet putters had plumber necks id happily try one of the MMT's

As of now I prefer the LAGP over the Stability and Fujikura MC's

@TheLutesMamba - still rolling this one? Long term thoughts?

It’s still in the bag. Still absolutely love it. Didn’t get on the course as much as I would’ve liked this summer but probably my best putting year in a long time. So much more confidence on short putts and improved distance control on longer putts.

I’ve got an LAGP shaft sitting around that I used previously and I want to put that in something to do a more direct comparison but the MMT is very good at such a good price compared to a lot of other shafts in the putter game.

I really want to try this one but not sure what I’d put it in

This is probably the only putter shaft I haven’t tried at this point? How is that posisble?

Back