MP-H4 iron set turf interaction. Reviews wanted.

OrangeCrush72

Reaction score
Handicap
I tried using the search function and nothing came back so I gotta ask.

I am VERY mindful of how an iron set slides thru the grass and I had never really given the MP-H4 iron set much thought. I was at the major golf store chain to see/hit the MP-54's and just really started to study the head shape/sole design on the H4 irons. The leading edge is MUCH more rolled then any previous MP iron I had looked at. Yes the look is bigger then other models but when I placed the head side by side with the 712 AP2 I wasn't seeing much of a difference that it would make me not consider the H4's.

I am much more of a sweeper style, I take very little to no divot playing irons that have a slightly sharp leading edge. I NEED something that does not catch the grass. The 825PRO's visually look exactly like my current irons at address and I want something new. The 54's 6i disappointed me because I am reading the description that they softened the leading edge and I just didn't see it on the 6i. I will hold off a full opinion till I can see the entire set.

I have hit the H4 2-3-4 irons numerous times and I know how easy they are to hit. I am above average long off the tee and with the courses in my area not being 7000+ yds I am typically 7-PW into Par 4's here so I am VERY focused on the turf interaction on those irons.

Any feedback on the H4 irons?

Wow 52 views and nothing. Come'on guys!!! Help a brother out

Back