My driver swing down the line.

achase215

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
Here is my driver swing down the line. Sorry was not able to get a shot with hitting a ball. I will work on getting that tomorrow or in the near future. Let me know what you think. I do see I am losing flex in my right leg which is a power leak I am sure will work on this. Will upload iron and driver side view tomorrow.

Sorry I did not respond last night. Your setup is good maybe a bit upright but good. This causing you to be upright at impact. Put some more bend at the hip (waist) so you are more over the balls of your feet. Your arms should hang relaxed from you shoulder not extended out toward the ball.
Your right foot is a little open to your intended target line, I would square that up so that it is perpendicular to your target line. This will allow you to take a good turn away from the ball with a flexed right leg, increasing the resistance between the upper and lower body. Its important to keep the right leg flexed on the take away. If it straightens then you change you swing swing plane, lose power and change the angle of attack.
The biggest issue I see is that you have waht we call a chicken wing or flying right elbow which is causing you to have high hands that aren't connected and consiquenlty are not connected at impact. I would work on taking you hands to should height in front of a mirror and check the position of you club at the top. I think you will find with a complete shoulder turn and shoulder eight hands you club is just short of parallel. This club position is in an ideal position and will produce a much better results.

1. Sqaure the right foot
2. Slightly more flex at the waist
3. keep flex in right leg on back swing
4. Shoulder height hands with full shoulder turn

It will take about 3 week or 21 days to groove a consistent move so get cracking. Hope this helps, keep up to date.

Back