Myrtle Beach National

IndianBird

Reaction score
Handicap
Think I'm going to play West and South next Friday. You guys ever play these two?

Played them a few times, along with King's North and they're decent courses. Not on my "must play" list at Myrtle Beach, but typically an enjoyable round of golf.

Try man-o-war, heard that is a good course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

South is decent. Kings North is their best course.

Try man-o-war, heard that is a good course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Man O' War is on my "Never Play Again" list. What an overrated course. I've tried playing out there 3 times, and every time the water levels were very low, making their unique feature and their selling point mute. Instead of glorious, beautiful ponds, the past 2 years I've been greeted by a bit of water surrounded by 10-12ft of mud.

Won't ever try to play there again.

Played both last month. Make the earliest tee time on either course and then when your done let the pro shop know you want a replay and ask for Kings North. If they can get you on, you will get it for over half off. If it is full as it was when I played then play the other 18 that you did not play in the morning. All told you will get 36 holes of good golf in. Its a good facility that was in fine shape without the high pricetag that can be found at some other Myrtle courses.

Enjoy

Look at my review of Pawleys Plantation. It may not be central myrtle beach but it is in great condition and is right around the price of the MBN courses.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?42249-Pawley-Plantation-Myrtle-Beach-SC

Pawley's is a nice round of golf. I got to play it near the end of spring when everything was gorgeous and green, and the flowers were all in bloom.

I've played most of the "named" courses in Myrtle and many of the ones that visitors get in golf packages are the ones to stay away from.

Back