NC Tornados *** Everyone OK?

mdbuschsr

Just playing for fun
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 17.3
Here in the Raleigh and surrounding area we are getting hit with some tornados. Just wanted to check in with some of the locals and make sure everyone was OK.

We are ok here at my house. But we did have quite a scare! I was able to stand on my porch and watch the funnel pass within 1 mile of my house. Had the eeriest looking yellow/green haze around it. It sounded like a freight train riding by. Luckily our house was just to the east of the path. My family and I went out and drove around Holly Springs afterwords and saw quite a bit of damage to houses/trees. Worst we saw was a large oak tree that fell on someones house and 3 cars. Hopefully everyone else is ok!

I was just looking at some stuff on msnbc.com about these and it appears that everywhere from Oklahoma to NC and many places in between were hammered. I hope everyone in those areas are safe!

we have been getting very bad weather lately but no tornados have hit near me, I sure felt like one was a week ago.

My wife got caught in a golf-ball sized hail storm, but that's it.

90 tornadoes!? Holy cow! I pray everyone is ok, it seems like storm season is hitting harder than ever this year and we are just getting into that Spring/Early Summer storm season. Thank goodness we haven't had any bad storms here yet in northern Indiana, we usually have several bad ones each year once it gets into late spring, early summer.

We had a tornado warning early Sunday morning. The dopler radar had it tracking right towards us but thank goodness it did not happen. I can not imagine the fear in North Carolina this past weekend!

I slapped a tornado in the face and it went the other direction. Nah, I'm up in the Mountains, tornados can't get up this way but I know the Piedmont area got hammered. Hope every one is safe and that order gets restored soon.

It was really windy down here in the Piedmont area on Saturday. I was driving down from Greensboro that morning and the rain was terrible. We were going like 10 miles an hour at one point. Crazy. I we have a few trees down around town, but my neighbor hood is safe.

Yorkem said he is fine, but he has lost power at his home. Said a tornado missed his house by about 1 mile.

That's good, but still way to close for comfort.

I'm right in the lower part of tornado alley and it's pretty scary. Between our area and Oklahoma there is a TON of tornados. Many many times it has gone from 90-95* to 70-75* with severe storms in a few hours. With that said, I have never actually seen one. Been a few real close but none that I could see. I know Oklahoma gets some massive ones and the start of tornado season has just begun. Hopefully those swirly bastards stay away.

hope everyone is ok. Believe it or not I had a tornado hit my house back in 1998. Did too much damage on the house for it to be saved. It was some scary stuff, thing sounded like a freight train.

We had a big scare around the wedding I was attending on Saturday afternoon, we were fortunate that it blew around to the North of us. I have a few friends in Sanford that lost everything in a matter of minutes. Really puts things in perspective.

Definitely a crazy storm system..... I'm in MS and the really bad one was about 20 minutes from my office, and we watched a funnel cloud starting to spin up as it passed over us and spawned one out over the water about 3 miles from the office and 3 from my house.

Well finally back on line. Thanks for the thoughts everyone. We made it through just fine with just some minor inconveniences. About a mile up the road there is absolute devastation. Feel pretty lucky. Matt thanks for the text. I didn't get it until much later and I don't have text on my phone so I couldn't answer until I got back online. I hope everything is good by you as well. We need to get out and play man!

Best wishes to all in Tornado Alley.

Well finally back on line. Thanks for the thoughts everyone. We made it through just fine with just some minor inconveniences. About a mile up the road there is absolute devastation. Feel pretty lucky. Matt thanks for the text. I didn't get it until much later and I don't have text on my phone so I couldn't answer until I got back online. I hope everything is good by you as well. We need to get out and play man!

Everything is fine here. Sorry about the TXT. We do need to get out and play, I'll send you a PM to set something up.

Half of my crew headed north from Myrtle beach and got caught in the heavy weather. Twisters hit in front of them by 30 minutes. The debris that was left behind included an overturned tractor trailer. Thank god they got home safe.

Trees down near my house, but no damage to anything for me. Except for a leaky window :banghead:
I had a friend in Raleigh for the N.C. State Spring Football game and they had to be evacuated from the stadium and taken down the the Backyard Bistro where they could have cover from the hail and such.

We are ok at my house. Tons of rain coming in sideways, and a couple of branches came down, but no real damage. We were very lucky.

Back