Nippon Modus 3 tour 130 yes or no

Karl

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone played this shaft? How does it play? Its been out a while, are there better and newer options?

If it fits a person it will be rather smooth. Nippon Modus feel is well liked.

I had them in a set of Srixon Z545 irons for a few years and loved them - now playing the Tour 105 in my new irons

They are classed as high launch and low spin, and at the time they gave me the best results, but I did find as my swing improved/changed that I ended up launching them too high and compared to the clubs I am now playing, I didn't have as good distance control - that was most likely me, as I first started to see the odd shot that flew a lot further than expected, then more and more, but I put that down to my swing and impact improving. I also found that I was having some issues holding greens as the combination of the Z545 heads and low spin shafts saw my launch and flight conditions change with my swing

Depending on what heads you are planning on using, they could be very nice shafts. I find them very nice, and I can feel where the club is during my swing without feeling harsh or boardy, despite having x-flex in my current irons

I had them in a set of Srixon Z545 irons for a few years and loved them - now playing the Tour 105 in my new irons

They are classed as high launch and low spin, and at the time they gave me the best results, but I did find as my swing improved/changed that I ended up launching them too high and compared to the clubs I am now playing, I didn't have as good distance control - that was most likely me, as I first started to see the odd shot that flew a lot further than expected, then more and more, but I put that down to my swing and impact improving. I also found that I was having some issues holding greens as the combination of the Z545 heads and low spin shafts saw my launch and flight conditions change with my swing

Depending on what heads you are planning on using, they could be very nice shafts. I find them very nice, and I can feel where the club is during my swing without feeling harsh or boardy, despite having x-flex in my current irons

It's probably the weight. Heavier clubs are harder to finesse. It's just harder to modulate swing speed and tempo the heavier the club gets.

I had a set of irons and wedges with them. They are quite stiff in the butt and mid section and quite soft at the very tip. So basically you get the feeling that the shaft plays very stiff but then it is very smooth/soft through the strike zone. In wedges they feel so soft that I could hardly feel the ball on the face of the club, which sounds nice but I want the feedback, so it was a no go for me. Performance wise, for me, they were pretty short distance wise. I recall getting a high flight with them. They are a rather unique shaft and profile.

It's probably the weight. Heavier clubs are harder to finesse. It's just harder to modulate swing speed and tempo the heavier the club gets.

Yeah, definitely, and especially so with how much my swing evolved over the time I had them
At the time I got them, the extra weight helped to stop me coming over the top, but as I improved the extra weight in them began to cause me other problems and why I now have the 105

Yeah, definitely, and especially so with how much my swing evolved over the time I had them
At the time I got them, the extra weight helped to stop me coming over the top, but as I improved the extra weight in them began to cause me other problems and why I now have the 105
I had the 105's in my JPX919 Hot Metals. I love them. They are some of the best shafts I've ever played. When I was in the Titleist event I was fit into Project X LZ 5.5 which are 115 gram. They are a bit heavier and I too was coming over the top. I have been working on that and now I find sometimes that extra weight causes me to push the ball with my mid irons because the head is lagging a fraction longer. It's always something I guess ?.

If it fits a person it will be rather smooth. Nippon Modus feel is well liked.
Nice, I think if it is consistent in distance and direction it could fit me well.

I did order one of these and put it in a cbx D wedge. Tried it out a bit when I was on vacation and it was pretty good. Will need more testing when the season starts.

No thank you wondering if 105 vs 120 was right based on recent iron shaft discussion.

Back