Not again!!! Just say something to someone!

F.N.G

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Lost another another friend this past week who took his own life. Being a Vet this is more and more common than I would like to admit. This is just a PSA for anyone on the struggle bus that people do care, now and after after you are gone and to just to say something to someone. You do not need to fight the battle alone.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Just talking to people can unlock a lot of knots. And even when thinking that people will not understand/care/want to listen, we are often wrong on that. Speaking from experience. I went through some therapy after my first Afghanistan deployment.

Sorry to hear, thanks for reminding people.

Suicide of a friend is tough, you have my deepest sympathy.

So sorry. Not a vet but lots of friends. Hang out at the VFW occasionally and the Eagles Lodge. The ones that need to talk are always the most guarded. Just let them know you there...

So sorry for your loss.

Terrible to hear, sorry

My best friend took his life back in 2008. It still sticks with me.

Wearing my "fight the stigma" shirt right now. Mental health needs to be at the forefront and part of everyday conversation with things like family, music, golf and whatever else.

I'm sorry for your loss. ❤️

I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve had some friends go down that route and they are sorely missed. Hope your doing okay, and please DM if you need support.

f**k. We lost one yesterday here too. And he was part of the group. Had support. Just didn't reach out when he needed it most maybe. We'll never know. Sucks man. Sorry to hear it.

Sorry to hear this.

Damn, hate hearing that, sorry for your loss

Lost another another friend this past week who took his own life. Being a Vet this is more and more common than I would like to admit. This is just a PSA for anyone on the struggle bus that people do care, now and after after you are gone and to just to say something to someone. You do not need to fight the battle alone.
That is indeed sad, I sympathize with you as well as with your friend's family. Speaking, talking, reaching, out, all so simple, yet so hard for each of us in certain times/moments.

Sorry to hear this. It is way too common for the veteran community for this to occur. I'm sure we all know more than one. I know I do. It sucks.

Anyone who joins the military is basically signing a contract that states they are willing to give up their life to protect our country. No veteran should ever be without a job, a place to live, or food to eat. Mental health, especially for veterans, needs to be taken WAY more seriously.

So sorry to hear that. Thank you for posting the reminder.

So sorry for the loss of your friend, my condolences.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

We have had 3 suicides at work in the last 4 months, all staff.

Everyone is struggling if you see someone please take a minute to stop and ask them how they are doing or if they are ok.

Even though it may sometimes seems like it your never alone! Especially here on THP!

Thanks for the post as this hits hard. Sorry for your loss.

I’m sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that FNG.

Growing up an army brat, and staying in the area, I am all too familiar with this plight. We have to do better for our service members - active, discharged, retired.

I have been lucky in that I don't have anyone close to me that has given up trying to cope with the constant pain. I'm sure I would be devastated, asking myself was there something I missed, or something else I could have done.
It saddens me to see how the Govt uses our Sons and Daughters and tosses them aside when no longer needed. How would they react if it was their own kids.

Back