Official Rant of the Day

I'm a bad person- I refuse to give blood ONLY because the harassment that ensues afterwards. The phone calls, emails, texts are terrible and no matter how many times I've asked to not be called, they continue calling. So I just stopped donating all together after I counted 36 calls or texts in a three week span.
I feel you.
I'm O positive and they love my blood.
I just ignore the calls or answer and tell them I have a cold.
I donate on my prerogative.

I have a buddy that donates every 57 days or whatever the minimum time frame is.
He's 48 and has given since he was 17.
That's a brick ton of blood to give.

I'm a bad person- I refuse to give blood ONLY because the harassment that ensues afterwards. The phone calls, emails, texts are terrible and no matter how many times I've asked to not be called, they continue calling. So I just stopped donating all together after I counted 36 calls or texts in a three week span.
I was a regular donor for years a long time ago, it was before email or cell phones existed. But they constantly called our home phone and sent mountains of snail mail reminding/requesting me to donate, it was annoying even back then.

I feel you.
I'm O positive and they love my blood.
I just ignore the calls or answer and tell them I have a cold.
I donate on my prerogative.

I have a buddy that donates every 57 days or whatever the minimum time frame is.
He's 48 and has given since he was 17.
That's a brick ton of blood to give.

I'm 0 neg so the whole universal blood type thing. IF they wouldn't bug/harass the hell out of me I'd be more inclined to donate. However they do and it drives me insane so nope not happening.

I was a regular donor for years a long time ago, it was before email or cell phones existed. But they constantly called our home phone and sent mountains of snail mail reminding/requesting me to donate, it was annoying even back then.

Its nauseating the amount of calls/texts/emails ugh.

I had to laugh at the season. Hope the next 4 season go fast so you can get to actual spring.
I think we're actually at the third winter currently. It's supposed to be +15 °C next week, so let's hope Mud Season is short.

I have some, but the bastards running the courses say that "you can't go out there" and "we don't want to ruin the course". No, seriously, I get it and appreciate that my club wants to not destroy the greens early on in the season. But it blows when I was already dreaming of the rounds.

I've kind of given up on the early season around here. My main golf buddy will be sure to call, and I'll invent some reason why I can't go. But, I will make sure to call him afterward and ask how the course was. It's always the same. Balls plugging and jumping back, slogging through mud! And the weather is always a capricious mistress. Some years ago my buddy made early tee times at a course that he told me he had already played and was in good shape. It was supposed to be mid 60's F that day but the clear sky at night led to frost which covered every single green. So, they wouldn't let anybody tee off until the greens thawed. While we waite my buddy's next door neighbor, who was also in our group, walked up to him and said, "You know, they let you play golf at noon too!"

F*** this guy!!!

My ball rolled into their right shoe print. There was a rake where the footsteps left the bunker. Lazy asses annoy me.

Screenshot_20240426_155220_Photos.jpg

So I buy Various Items at General Outdoor Store, they now charge 30 cents for a (paper) bag. Meh, it is what it is. At least it's a nice quality paper bag, good size, built well, etc.

But there's ******* advertising on it. The advertising should pay for the bag.

Back