Ogio Sultan Opinions

Lance0363

Reaction score
Handicap
Me
My local sporting goods store is blowing out the 2010 stock to make room for the new stuff. They have a nice looking Ogio Sultan cart bag, but I've never owned any of their products. They seem to get good reviews, but I wonder if anyone already games this bag, and what do you think of it.

I don't have the Sultan, but I have the Ozone and my husband carries the Ozone. We love Ogio - tons of pockets, the Woode top, the durability. Sultan is pretty popular in the store here. Can't give a direct review of the Sultan, but love the Ogio stuff.

I have a 2008 Ogio Exodus bag that I like very much. It has 10 sections, what they call the "wedge design" I don't believe that is offered any more.
The bag does a great job of keeping your clubs organized and the quality of the bag is very good. The zipperless ball pocket is a nice feature but my favourite thing is it has a pen pocket (I'm easily pleased). It has a really wild rain cover, a clam shell type of thing that snaps into the top of the bag. I find it a bit of a pain to use.
IMHO the one draw back to the bag is the pockets are small, it just seems that they are too tight to the bag and it is difficult to get much in. Putting a sweater or jacket in during the round can be tight. The 2 insulated hydration pockets are very small and only very small water bottles (750m) will fit unless you leave the zipper down.
I would buy another Ogio but I would look at others as well. It does not have a separate putter well either.
All that being said, I believe the quality to be very good. I have about 100 rounds on the bag and nothing has broken or fallen off yet. Hope that helps a little bit in your decision.

i just snagged a GROM for xmas, as i prefer stand bags b/c i'm a serious golfer, and i love it! i think ogio makes a phenomenal product. i'm not too familiar with the sultan but i'm sure it's top notch in quality.

I am not familiar with the Sultan. I have an Ogio stand bag that I LOVE! Whenever I replace my current it will be with another OGIO. They just make a great product that is well thought through!

I have the Sultan and on paper it is an awesome bag. I love the ZBP and it would seem to have enough club space up top. On the course however not so much. The clubs can get stuck coming out and being put back in. There is no putter well which I HATE! Just the organization of the clubs is poor due to no putter well. I would in all honesty take a look at the SM C-130.

Sultan

Sultan

My local sporting goods store is blowing out the 2010 stock to make room for the new stuff. They have a nice looking Ogio Sultan cart bag, but I've never owned any of their products. They seem to get good reviews, but I wonder if anyone already games this bag, and what do you think of it.

I have the Grom because I like stand bags as well. Ogio products are terrific. I'm sure the Sutan will be a good bag.

Don't have a Sultan, but I just got a Syncro and it is a super nice bag. Lots of storage space, although some of the pockets could have been placed better. Ogio definitely makes nice bags.

Thanks Guys, Maybe I should drag a couple of clubs in to make sure that my mid-size grips will fit. I really wish it had the external putter well, but I don't think I've ever heard of a "perfect bag". I think I'll have to take a closer look.

i just snagged a GROM for xmas, as i prefer stand bags b/c i'm a serious golfer, and i love it! i think ogio makes a phenomenal product. i'm not too familiar with the sultan but i'm sure it's top notch in quality.

What makes you a serious golfer TC....I'm curious?

I don't know if this is the one with the Torq strap but if it does it is the best thing since sliced bread if you play golf with a cart (since we can't all be serious golfers). I have the same exact model that 9I has, the Syncro, and agree with him 100%. Pockets could've been done better but an external well, the Torq strap, and the zipperless ball pocket are highlights. Not to mention that it isn't that heavy for a cart bag.

I don't know if this is the one with the Torq strap but if it does it is the best thing since sliced bread if you play golf with a cart (since we can't all be serious golfers). I have the same exact model that 9I has, the Syncro, and agree with him 100%. Pockets could've been done better but an external well, the Torq strap, and the zipperless ball pocket are highlights. Not to mention that it isn't that heavy for a cart bag.

The ZBP is money. Definitely a big selling feature for me. Well, that and the color.... :D

I'll have to check into that torq strap. While I use my pull cart 90% of the time, (I don't like riding carts) I have had issues with my current bag spinning around on the cart. I fixed that problem with a couple of slices of velcro tape, but it's not pretty. I'm wondering if those magnetic pockets create problems with the carts attatchment straps. Hmmmm, more to ponder.
Deciding on a new bag is more difficult then I thought it would be.

I'll have to check into that torq strap. While I use my pull cart 90% of the time, (I don't like riding carts) I have had issues with my current bag spinning around on the cart. I fixed that problem with a couple of slices of velcro tape, but it's not pretty. I'm wondering if those magnetic pockets create problems with the carts attatchment straps. Hmmmm, more to ponder.
Deciding on a new bag is more difficult then I thought it would be.

I don't know if it's the same as the Sultan but the one thing I could've cared less about on the Syncro was the magnetic pocket (to keep your score card in). It's a waste of space and would've been better served if it was a full zippered pocket.

I went in to give that Sultan a good looking over, and I guess I got scrooged. The last one was gone. The salesman offered me a discount on the 2011 model, but it was still a bit out of my price range. So I guess the search goes on. I did see the Sultan on Ebay, but it's hard to buy a bag sight unseen. I do have to thank everyone here for the great info. It sounds like Ogio is one of the preferred brands.

Back