One brand club fitting?

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My club has a fitting day coming up next month. The pro shop is a Titleist branded shop. So, I will get to try the TSR 1, 2, 3 and 4 during the fitting with different shafts. I will of course baseline my current driver to see if the Titleist drivers offer improvements in distance and dispersion. My gamer is a Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 with a Project X Evenflow green shaft in it.

Thoughts on a one brand fitting?

Get ready to spend some coin. TSR is an awesome driver.

My club has a fitting day coming up next month. The pro shop is a Titleist branded shop. So, I will get to try the TSR 1, 2, 3 and 4 during the fitting with different shafts. I will of course baseline my current driver to see if the Titleist drivers offer improvements in distance and dispersion. My gamer is a Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 with a Project X Evenflow green shaft in it.

Thoughts on a one brand fitting?
I've done one brand fitting with company reps at our range at my home course.

They also do a demo day with all the reps at the same time on the range.

I think I'd still recommend brand-agnostic fittings as a start and then if you find brands you typically gravitate towards then the one brand fittings seem to work fairly well.

We have several at my course. Most brands have enough different offerings to fit most golfers well. It's not the best but not the worst either.

I like them. They tend to be with someone that knows they want that brand and just wants the best fit for them within that, and that's cool. Lots of brand loyalty people like that on THP. And OEM reps tend to be passionate guys about the stuff. Which is fun. And like @MGoBlue said the TSr line is awesome so it should be a great experience.

I don't think there is anything wrong with them as long as that is a brand you want to try. They will be specialized in the brand and fit you accordingly to get you the best numbers. You can then go compare to other brands if needed. I have had both types of fittings and just depends on if I want to try a variety of brands or just a particular brand, both were great.

If you know you want to play a certain brand just unsure which head, it works out awesome.
If they are free fittings go do it just for knowledge. If you later want to do a brand agnostic fitting you can use that info to tell your fitter that you want to try x to see how it compares.

If you know you want to play a certain brand just unsure which head, it works out awesome.
If they are free fittings go do it just for knowledge. If you later want to do a brand agnostic fitting you can use that info to tell your fitter that you want to try x to see how it compares.
It is a free fitting the club hosts. They generate revenue if we order. I did a Vokey fitting a few weeks ago and ordered two new wedges.

It is a free fitting the club hosts. They generate revenue if we order. I did a Vokey fitting a few weeks ago and ordered two new wedges.
Possible side tangent but did they run you through the Vokey wedge fitting app out there on that? It's built so a monkey could fit someone into wedges basically, but it's actually a really good fitting tool. So I'm curious if they did and if you got to see it, and how you liked that presentation.

I’ve done a couple one brand fittings. Both were irons. One PXG and one Titleist. Was not impressed by the PXG fitter. I had a Square sometime today. These type fittings are ok. I prefer a broader selection.

The TSR drivers are really good. I had a CC fitting in November. Went primarily for irons. Found out that I actually loved the TSR2 driver. It’s still the best out of the box driver I’ve ever owned.

I'm going to bet that you see some pretty good improvement over your Epic Flash.

Every OEM is making good equipment these days. I don't think there is anything wrong with having a single brand fitting, even if it isn't a brand you've played recently or ever. If you are curious about other drivers after this, you can always try different brands to see if one or more improve over the Titleist.

Possible side tangent but did they run you through the Vokey wedge fitting app out there on that? It's built so a monkey could fit someone into wedges basically, but it's actually a really good fitting tool. So I'm curious if they did and if you got to see it, and how you liked that presentation.
I don't believe so. It was more hands on with the fitter. I went from Cleveland RTX Zipcore 10 mid to Vokey SM10 12D in my 54 and 58 degree wedges along with a half inch shorter shafts.

I don't believe so. It was more hands on with the fitter. I went from Cleveland RTX Zipcore 10 mid to Vokey SM10 12D in my 54 and 58 degree wedges along with a half inch shorter shafts.
Okay. I know it's used some indoors a lot, but some use it at demo days depending on the monitor situation. It's kind of cool and you don't have to hit very many shots for it to really dial you in on bounce and grind and gapping.

And it's an example of something that you're less likely to see at an agnostic fitting.

Last edited:
I will either have past experience with a brand, or have done some research, so I'm fine with a single brand fitting. Then, if the single brand fitting meets or exceeds my expectations, I go with it.

Back