Online Fitting Tools

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Are you someone who puts stock into online fitting tools? This time of year I find myself going through the different websites and building bags based on the tools and have a little fun with it.

Are you someone who puts stock into online fitting tools? This time of year I find myself going through the different websites and building bags based on the tools and have a little fun with it.
I thought these two were very useful.

I’d hate to say it but with the quality of a majority of fitting options and what they provide it’s not a hateful option. I’m a big believer in getting fit vs off the rack but sadly the premier fittings like Ian and Mike do aren’t available often. The Vokey and Ping wedge options I tried were spot on, I even did a fitting and could of saved the 100$ and just ordered the wedges they selected for me for how little the wedge fitting involved.

I thought these two were very useful.

I found that one interesting as well, particularly as it guesses gaps for all the clubs. The Ping Webfit is another one that I mess with, entertaining to change your numbers and see what it suggest - kinda reverse engineering the algorithm.

As above, while it is great to "get a custom fit", I've been fit a few times and there was pretty high variability in the quality of the fit and experiences. At this point anyone with a launch monitor can claim they're a fitter, and will have you hit stuff, focus on distance and efficiency, then declare a winner. A little data can be a dangerous thing...

for me? none whatsoever. i've done enough fittings to know how important feel and timing are. not everyone is as neurotic as i am about that kind of thing, so i'm sure they're helpful for many.

I put a little stock in it. Especially pondering shaft options. Love going through all the online fittings and pondering.

Back