Orange Whip vs. Superspeed

JW Smoove

Waffles, always waffles
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
🧇
I use 2 different length Orange whip knock offs - driver and iron length. I swing them - pretty hard/fast - though not crazy, about 15 times each 4 to 5 days a week. I assume they are strictly for muscle memory (and aid for) and maybe for building up the golf swing muscles. So, what then does the Superspeed tool (or collection of tools) do. I found online a do it yourself version where you just add weights to a shaft you already own and bingo homemade superspeed. To be clear, I am not against buying this tool, just if I have extra shafts that I can use - why not. My real question is what does one do that the other does not (or vice versa).

Thanks in advance for your input.

Superspeed is designed to increase your swing speed. Orange Whip is designed to make your tempo smooth. I think they can be used together for two different purposes. I swing my Orange Whip every day at least 10-12 times.

Thanks - what a stupid I am, I assumed the Orange Whip was for muscle and warm up! For me, it's another part of the workout routine (on no weight days, mostly). I need to find the superspeed video again now.

Thanks!

I play so much better when I use the Orange Whip. It helps tempo a lot. So why don't I use it more.

I had an orange whip and did a giveaway on here....My problem was that somehow when I swung it my left shoulder would get torqued up a bit.

So far, have not had that issue. I just did 20 swings with both versions and 20 more with my first home made super speed. Got it up to 285 grams with household wagers and other junk I find in my work/tool room.

I need to make a pre weighted screw so I can quickly change weights. A visit to home depot should solve that.

In need to look into super speed more to see what I should be doing.

So far, have not had that issue. I just did 20 swings with both versions and 20 more with my first home made super speed. Got it up to 285 grams with household wagers and other junk I find in my work/tool room.

I need to make a pre weighted screw so I can quickly change weights. A visit to home depot should solve that.

In need to look into super speed more to see what I should be doing.
The protocols are easily found. I built a light stick and use 2 old clubs which weigh near the prescribed med/heavy...but I'm not diligent with doing the regimen.

Superspeed is a training program. If you do it and work hard, it really works. Well did for me anyways. I was max speed 108. Cruising speed now around 114 and I have been clocked at 128. (I can’t reproduce that number) but I can push to 120 on an open fairway without to many worries. I recommend it.

Orange whip did not work for me, but my super speed stick have really improved my speed. I still have got the driver full swing under control but am hitting my irons a lot firmer now.
FYI, be careful with the superspeed stick bc I just got carried away and accidentally cracked the wooden brace in my hammock last week!

Honestly, totally different tools, and both equally useful in their own way.

For pure speed, SuperSpeed is the best out there though.

This is the orange whip product you would need for speed training similar to superspeed

Back