P790 real or fake?

hudsonkc

Reaction score
I have a buddy that’s father in law bought p790 on Black Friday. He is trying to sell me them, but I’m not sure if they are fake or real. I can’t find a comp online. Anyone know if they are real? If so, could you send a link to another set like them?IMG_0710.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpeg
    IMG_0713.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 64
You can try and ask TM if they have the serial number in their system.

I think they are fake if you look at this photo from taylormades website the P790 is toward the housel more. but yes if you give them the serial number they should be able to tell you.

1703004717746.png

To many differences from the TM photos. Plus no SW in the real sets

Ask him for a copy of the invoice.

I think they are fake if you look at this photo from taylormades website the P790 is toward the housel more.
The ones in the pic are the 2019 model.

The ones in the pic are the 2019 model.
You are right my bad. They are still fake as they don't have the tungsten underneath the P790

1703011618637.png

At least they faked premium shafts at the same time…. If they were bought on Black Friday, just return them.

If you want fake P790's try to grab a set of Kirklands.

Looks legit to me. In another picture online it appears they don't all say tungsten, just the long irons?

Screenshot_20231219_130605_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have a buddy that’s father in law bought p790 on Black Friday. He is trying to sell me them, but I’m not sure if they are fake or real. I can’t find a comp online. Anyone know if they are real? If so, could you send a link to another set like them?View attachment 9231286
Get the serial numbers off the clubs and call TM. They will verify if they’re legit or not.

Comparing them to current photos, they look legit. Like others have said, have the serials checked out.

Where were they purchased from? If they are dupes, they are a pretty good looking dupe.

Alibaba has copies that are so good you can’t tell the difference looking at them. Other than that, who knows.

If you can find out how much he paid, regardless of Black Friday, you’ll know right away. I saw a few on eBay the other day… black 790’s… which are the ones I see the most fakes for $499 brand new. That’s a hint and a half

The 4,5,6,7 should have tungsten below the P790 and the 8,9,PW would not have... . These appear to be the 2021 version that was released. I dont remember there being a SW that was released though. Do you have pictures of the hosel or the face?

Alibaba has copies that are so good you can’t tell the difference looking at them. Other than that, who knows.

If you can find out how much he paid, regardless of Black Friday, you’ll know right away. I saw a few on eBay the other day… black 790’s… which are the ones I see the most fakes for $499 brand new. That’s a hint and a half
...and *where* he bought them from on the Black Friday deal. Some places are a lot more likely to end up getting stuck with fakes.

I'd never buy clubs from a place like Alibaba or eBay. It's about the same odds as buying a car from a guy in a dark alley in the shady part of town, there's a good chance something ain't right about the deal.

Back