Paradym vs Ping Driver MOI and Ballspeed

Karl

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All. I'm currently playing the epic max ls driver and my Ballspeed can be pretty inefficient due to poor ballstriking. I'm thinking about going to a paradym max or ping g430 for more moi and higher average ballspeeds. Any experiences or other drivers to consider?

Last edited:
I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that your experience with mishits will be way more positive with the Paradym X. TONS of fantastic feedback on the X and the rest of the line in this thread in case you missed it. I know it's 171 pages, but you could skip to the last 20 or so or even post a question in there and you'll get a ton of good information!

If by G30 you mean the driver released in 2014 then Paradym X all day all night. If you mean G430 Max Ping’s current driver, I believe you’ll have a photo finish with X. Throw Ping G430 SFT in the mix and you’ll find a driver that will fit your game.

Personally, the fitting advantage goes to Ping due to the moveable rear weight. I just don’t think any other OEM does forgiveness like Ping G430 models.

Traditionally the Ping drivers have been very forgiving but not as fast but that seems to have changed with the G430 family. I think either driver would be a big improvement over the G30. I would try to hit both of them.

I can’t answer on the ping, but the Paradym Max has amazing MOI. it’s probably the most forgivable driver I have ever swung. My miss is mostly top toe and the Paradym Max has excellent forgiveness in that area. Maybe lose a few yards at most. Plus, the Paradym Max is great at keeping you ball in play.

Highly recommend trying this.

I did switch to the TD only because I enjoy the sound more on the TD. The max is a bit higher pitch, but still sounds good.

If by G30 you mean the driver released in 2014 then Paradym X all day all night. If you mean G430 Max Ping’s current driver, I believe you’ll have a photo finish with X. Throw Ping G430 SFT in the mix and you’ll find a driver that will fit your game.

Personally, the fitting advantage goes to Ping due to the moveable rear weight. I just don’t think any other OEM does forgiveness like Ping G430 models.
Yes I meant the g430, thanks for the input.

Traditionally the Ping drivers have been very forgiving but not as fast but that seems to have changed with the G430 family. I think either driver would be a big improvement over the G30. I would try to hit both of them.
Yes I used to have the g400 max. Very forgiving, not the fastest and too spinny for me.

Paradym X is a lifesaver for me from a forgiveness perspective… it’s something of a unicorn when it comes to forgiveness!

Paradym X is easily the best, most forgiving driver I've ever hit. I haven't played a Ping driver since the G30, so I can't speak to their current line.

If you were in the Paradym X I am interested to see in what you got fit into at the GD.
I will say it was what I expected, can’t wait to share!

Ignore the blanket statements in this thread and go and try both out would be my advice. If you can get some sort of fitting, even better.

Both are great, try them both. The Ping seemed more forgiving to me.

I think the Ping might have it on MOI but the most forgiving driver is the one best suited to you. It's worth it to go find out which that is.

I would try more than one of the same driver, too. They are not all the same. They are manufactured to tolerances.

Last edited:
Yes I used to have the g400 max. Very forgiving, not the fastest and too spinny for me.
That was my experience with the g400 max as well back in day. I also have inconsistent ball striking. While I don’t have experience with the new Ping, the Paradym X has been downright incredible for me in terms of keeping ballspeed up and the ball in play.

Hopefully you can go hit both and see what works best for you but I’d bet you will see some notes gains.

Back