Pay it Forward? Prizes for elementary after-school golf club

mtiger10

Geaux Tigers
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey THP community,
I'm posting in this forum because I know admins have to approve so feel free to move or delete if inappropriate. I've been around THP long enough to know that generosity and good will abound so that's why I'm making this request.

How many times do golfers receive a "tee prize" or "door prize" in a scramble/tournament that quickly gets tossed or shoved away in their golf bag or garage? You know, things like a tee pack, ball marker, golf glove, towel, sleeve of balls, etc.

Those can be "treasure" for kids that are new to the game. I recently started an after-school golf club at the elementary school where I serve as counselor. I'm no golf instructor but we had 30 boys/girls join the club and had to put 10 more on a waiting list for spring. We have the club meetings in the gym or activity field. Through the generosity of our PTO and county commissioner, we have the equipment we need to run the club. I just need prizes for weekly games/competitions on skills like putting & chipping. Would you consider donating your left-overs? Everything will be placed in hands of 3rd-5th graders.
DM if you have questions/want to help. Branded items are fine too as long as they don't advertise tobacco, alcohol, etc!!
thanks

Good for you! I don't have anything sitting around at the moment but when I do, I'll reach out.

You might want to try your local civic groups (Lions Club, Rotary, etc) to see if they might have stuff like that too? Assuming they (like those clubs around me) do fund-rasing golf tournaments, they might have extras sitting around and would be good promo for them too. Just a thought. Good luck!

Hmmm......I undoubtedly have numerous items I could send your way. PM me a shipping address when you get a chance and I'll go through my gear this weekend.

Great idea. Where are you in North Alabama?

Love the sounds of this program! I will certainly look around to see if I have anything I can send your way.

I need to clean up my work bench and old bags anyway, so I'll look around and PM you on this.

I did find 3 golf towels, a few divot repair tools, a few plastic ball markers and about 150 various colored wooden tees. Send me a PM with your mailing address if your are interested in these items.

I am sure I have some stuff laying around the garage. I will sort through tonight to see what I can find.

I will see what I have at home. A bag of tees immediately comes to mind.

Bump for the weekend crowd, thanks to those that already responded. We've had 3 club meetings and no broken windows or busted teeth yet!

I'm sure I have some unused stuff laying around. I'll take a look and let you know what I find.

I have put a few small things together, but want to do some more digging. I will shoot you a PM when I get ready to ship.

Badges? We don't need to stinking badges!!!

Just wanted to share a couple of pics from last Golf Club session here at the school. This week we have our first outing at a practice facility. Thanks to generosity of Sox Fan and Just_Hacking, I have enough prizes to run a putting, chipping, and long drive contest. You'd think these kids had won the lottery when they got a sleeve of balls or golf towel. You guys at THP are the best!
IMG_3546.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3c861b3d-5f2f-4f3a-ba36-23e4cb7e3185.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I found a few things I can send along, please reply with or PM me your address. Great job!

Please shoot me a PM with the shipping address. I'm sure I have some stuff that can be donated for this.

Back