PING Blueprint Irons Lineup

First round out with these today and I had some fun with them. I don’t have to work hard with these, and the feel is pretty incredible. I will probably have to do a gapping session in the next couple of weeks and take a look at carry yardages, but for the most part, I saw really consistent numbers as to what I experienced in the sim the past few months. Shot of the round was a high draw 7i from 177 yards that set me up for my first eagle look of the year, and was one of those swings that make me want to call in sick tomorrow and go play again.

@ryang13 What course were you playing?

I hit the Blueprint S in my fitting last week and was really impressed with how good they felt. Not enough game for them right now, but they sure did look and swing super nice.

@ryang13 What course were you playing?
We played Cattail Crossing this weekend. The greens were pretty shaggy, but surprisingly receptive for the time of year. I think in a couple of weeks after some moisture conditions are going to be pretty decent there.

Reactions: MH
Good stuff again out of the Blueprints today. Caught a couple a little thin, and they handle that miss fairly well. The couple I was playing with said they were having a difficult time tracking my ball as “you hit it too high”, but that higher peak height we were trying to achieve in the fitting has sure helped so far this year getting the ball to stop on early season greens. These are a really good feeling iron.

Didn’t have a great ball-striking day with these today, but I’m pretty impressed how they hold trajectory in the wind. I’m seeing a high, but pretty piercing flight, and these long irons are awesome. I was a little farther out on #9 than I was last Sunday, but was able to draw a 6i from 209 out and set up my second eagle look of the season. After a few rounds of walking, I’m starting to notice some scratching on that polished surface, but no major nicks/bag chatter yet.

Reactions: MH
Not my best day but did things right when it counted. Including an awesome 6i from a fairway bunker and nearly holing an 8i off the last tee. Still loving what these beauties have to offer.

Got to play off some real, actual turf yesterday and hit some really solid irons. Felt good to get through the ball a little bit and be able to trust hitting down on it (even though I’m more of a sweeper), and on a few I could really feel the turf interaction. I like these a lot, they have a really clean look to them - that bottom groove white line gives me a nice visual to square up behind the ball. Struggling a bit with the lefts with shorter irons still, but was able to convert a really nice 8i for birdie yesterday on a picturesque par 3.

Got these out yesterday and had a few beauties. I need to go back to standard lie in a couple but there seems to be nothing but tough conditions right now and you know exactly what you're going to get with these. Pin high all day long.

Got to play off some real, actual turf yesterday and hit some really solid irons. Felt good to get through the ball a little bit and be able to trust hitting down on it (even though I’m more of a sweeper), and on a few I could really feel the turf interaction. I like these a lot, they have a really clean look to them - that bottom groove white line gives me a nice visual to square up behind the ball. Struggling a bit with the lefts with shorter irons still, but was able to convert a really nice 8i for birdie yesterday on a picturesque par 3.
That’s awesome dude, love that they’re working for you!

I didn't think I'd go for another Ping set after my last experience. As someone who trends toe down I've just never loved their sole shaping through the turf the last few years. That fat toe.

The S are so much better on that, and they've been really nice in mixed conditions this year. Lots of rounds in on them now and no reasons to switch jumping out at me.

I hit the Blueprint S in my fitting last week and was really impressed with how good they felt. Not enough game for them right now, but they sure did look and swing super nice.
I continue to hit our fitting 7i at the club, even though I know I shouldn’t. I have too many damn iron sets here hahahaha

I didn't think I'd go for another Ping set after my last experience. As someone who trends toe down I've just never loved their sole shaping through the turf the last few years. That fat toe.

The S are so much better on that, and they've been really nice in mixed conditions this year. Lots of rounds in on them now and no reasons to switch jumping out at me.
What was the last set?

Put some battle scars on these this weekend in PX, and got them out today for 18 at my home track. The stats this year are telling a pretty interesting story - proximity is 30’ closer to the hole this year on approach so far, and I’ve played to my handicap out of the gate to start the season. Was windy like crazy today, and these cut through with a nice, piercing flight. Very happy with them so far.

Anyone come from i59's? Worth an upgrade?
Absolutely. I had the i59s. I thought they were decent if you had some speed, but they feel so far from the Blueprint S is hard to even compare. Top to bottom. Soup to nuts.

A friend of mine got his new Blueprint combo set.
IMG_9455.jpeg

A friend of mine got his new Blueprint combo set.
View attachment 9260736
Those T's are way too clean. What's with the ferrules though?
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I have been enjoying playing with the S irons, looks are spot on but the performance is very good. So far holding greens has been excellent as most shots are ending up next to the pitch mark or only a step or two past. And the 3 iron hits these piercing bullets off the tee, it might be my favorite club in the set. Need to get more reps in to hone in my yardages and get more comfortable with how they do shaping the ball, out of the rough, 3/4 shots, punch shots.

Also, I have noticed my divots to be a tad toe heavy. I’m almost positive the set measures the same as my last set. I’m thinking it’s more me as I didn’t hit any balls at all this winter.

Back