Ping g20 my thoughts

Iowahacker

Reaction score
Handicap
Before golf season here in Iowa started I purchased a set of g20 irons 4-pw. I have to say I am really happy about my purchase. I have played 4 rounds with these new clubs in the bag. My confidence in my iron play has gone threw the roof. Before i wouldnt play my long irons now the 4 is one of my favorit clubs to hit. And there isnt a iron that im cautious to play when before i would stick with 7-9. They really want to fly straight i still slice the ball but it is a result of me pulling my head and just flat out trying to play to fast. Witch results in blading ball. If anyone is looking for a new set of irons i would deffinatly give the g20 a swing.

Glad you found a great set! Hope you have a great season with them.

I also bought the G20's this year (3 wks ago), I was eyeing the G25's but I needed a 3 wood also so after hitting both I decide the G20's + RBZ 3wd was a better deal for me then the just the G25's. I got out last Saturday (50* and 10-15 winds) for the 1st time to play them and struggled the 1st 3 holes pretty much taking "topay's" every swing with the Irons and after the 3rd hole (3 D Bogeys) my buddy looked at me and said swing the damn clubs and quite trying to baby everything, well I took his advice to heart and went par the rest of the way out except for another Par 3 which I doubled again and shot a 45, and the back 9 I was a little tired and fatigued so my score was not good (47) but I really started to feel more comfortable with G20's and the distances despite the wind howling, I was really happy and these are a huge upgrade over my old Callaway X-12's. I plan on getting out tomorrow or Sunday to play again.

I agree that they are crazy easy to hit straight. I have a left hand set I am looking to sell, but only because I have 5 more sets of irons(club ho). One thing that is interesting is with the G-25's design more toward game improvement, the G-20's may be the last of Ping's super game improvement irons.

Back