Ping G400 vs. Callaway Rogue 3W

rozo22

Reaction score
Handicap
On my way home this evening I stopped at the local golf store and decided to demo a couple 3W since I am in market. I picked the Rogue and G400. Full disclosure, I went into this totally cold, wrong shoes, dress shirt and no glove.

Without really being able to measure distance, just going to describe feel and shot.

G400- Very easy to hit, ball jumped off the face and flight was very high

Rogue- Easy to hit as well, but felt a little heavier, ball didn't feel as hot, but the flight seemed much more piercing

Going to do some more comparisons at another location where I can pick up distances ball speeds better but was very impressed with both.

If you had to pick one, what would you pick and why?

If I had to pick one, its going to be the Rogue. Even if I had an entire selection up, it'd just be Rogue. Can't wait for Jmans review on it, but if it's good enough for his bag (knowing we have similar games), it's good enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm going with the g400, but it was the winner in my fitting. Just worked for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Depends on what you need.

G400 will launch a little easier off the deck in my experience, and spin a little more, but not have the same ballspeed.

Rogue is jailbreak, and jailbreak is flat out balk speed and distance. Best fairway Callaway has put out, I mean that.

Just went through that exact same testing myself. Numbers between the Rogue and the G400 were virtually identical. I felt like the feel of my contact hitting the Rogues was more crisp. But I didn't like the look of the club at address. To my eye the G400s looked better. So I chose the G400s . . . but honestly I could have flipped a coin! After about three weeks with the new G400s . . . I'm in love!

On my way home this evening I stopped at the local golf store and decided to demo a couple 3W since I am in market. I picked the Rogue and G400. Full disclosure, I went into this totally cold, wrong shoes, dress shirt and no glove.

Without really being able to measure distance, just going to describe feel and shot.

G400- Very easy to hit, ball jumped off the face and flight was very high

Rogue- Easy to hit as well, but felt a little heavier, ball didn't feel as hot, but the flight seemed much more piercing

Going to do some more comparisons at another location where I can pick up distances ball speeds better but was very impressed with both.

If you had to pick one, what would you pick and why?

I'd go Rogue. The tech is outstanding and the feel is sledgehammer like IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on my initial experience with Rogue and comments and experience with Ping, I'd echo JMan's comments.

I think the Rogue 4 wd launches a bit low for me, but with the right shaft and loft, I think it's THE fairway. I'm changing out shafts in my 4 wd to a 55g, higher launching GD AD Tour F Fairway from a mid launching shaft. I need more help with a 17 deg club that launches 14 degrees for me.

I have a Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood that I love. The Rogue seems like middle ground head shape between the Epic and the Fusion, where the Fusion was ultra forgiving. Add a little more forgiveness to the Epic and keep the jailbreak tech for distance. I can't imagine you're going to regret buying the Rogue.

Back