Ping G710 vs G430

cnl390

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing the G710's for the last couple of years and really like them. That being said I am getting the itch for something new. Has anyone played both? If so, how do they compare?

So off the top, the G430's are going to have a little less offset. Could be a good or bad thing depending on what you need in an iron.
G430 4.6mm (7i)
G710 5.1mm (7i)

The G430's head is going to be a little smaller, about 1/8" less in both blade length and sole width.
G430's will have slightly thinner topline too.

As for loft, 29* 7i (G430) vs 29.5* (G710) so pretty similar there and length of Ping irons are the same across lines...so a 7i is based off of 37".
Both are cast. G430 is a cavity back and the G710 a hollow body.

I would say distance wise, both would be pretty similar. Both are going to launch pretty high and just due to their build will spin pretty low and fly far.

I wouldn't expect any massive gains as the G710's are a great iron, but if you have the itch the G430 is definitely worth a try. Plenty forgiving and easy to hit for a GI iron.. I would almost describe it as a G710 in a tidier package.

I know I have owned G700's, i200's and now game G425's as I feel they are that middle of the road iron profile for Ping. Nothing too crazy large, but yet nothing too crazy small and hard to hit.

So off the top, the G430's are going to have a little less offset. Could be a good or bad thing depending on what you need in an iron.
G430 4.6mm (7i)
G710 5.1mm (7i)

The G430's head is going to be a little smaller, about 1/8" less in both blade length and sole width.
G430's will have slightly thinner topline too.

As for loft, 29* 7i (G430) vs 29.5* (G710) so pretty similar there and length of Ping irons are the same across lines...so a 7i is based off of 37".
Both are cast. G430 is a cavity back and the G710 a hollow body.

I would say distance wise, both would be pretty similar. Both are going to launch pretty high and just due to their build will spin pretty low and fly far.

I wouldn't expect any massive gains as the G710's are a great iron, but if you have the itch the G430 is definitely worth a try. Plenty forgiving and easy to hit for a GI iron.. I would almost describe it as a G710 in a tidier package.

I know I have owned G700's, i200's and now game G425's as I feel they are that middle of the road iron profile for Ping. Nothing too crazy large, but yet nothing too crazy small and hard to hit.
Thanks. I am thinking I can't do much better than the G710 for my game. Since I will be 69 in a couple months I have been looking at going to graphite shafts and debating the cost effectiveness of re-shafting vs new clubs.

Thanks. I am thinking I can't do much better than the G710 for my game. Since I will be 69 in a couple months I have been looking at going to graphite shafts and debating the cost effectiveness of re-shafting vs new clubs.
I am 46 (soon to be 47) and switched to graphite last season. I started getting some tendonitis in my wrists and thumbs which I think was from beating steel shafts into the range mats and the graphite seemed to help there. I play the Alta CB Slate in reg flex and usually carry my 7i around 140 yds. If that helps.

Back