ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
PING looks to be replacing their players distance hollow-body irons with the new i530.

i530head.png

According to PING, these irons will be for those who want a compact, blade-style iron while still craving more distance. Similar to their past iterations, the i530 will have a forged maraging steel C300 face, welded to a 17-4 stainless steel body. We still get MicroMax grooves for consistent launch and spin, a lower CG, and some polymer inside the head to help improve the sound and feel. Also, as we have been accustomed to lately, a tungsten toe screw and shaft tip weight for some extra stability and swingweighting.

Stock shafts are Dynamic Gold Mid 100.

pinglofts.png

pingi530face.png

i530cut.png

i530face.png

Now these I'm really curious to see how people respond to. They look really nice, but the proof is in the user pudding. The feel and acoustics of its predecessor were not well appreciated again. And came across as a little bulkier than their peers. It's segment they probably need to make some gains in, so I'll without my thoughts until people have a chance to try them.

They look good! I remember hitting the previous version and although the performance was nice, the sound/feel was off. If these improve on sound/feel (have to think that was addressed), they might be a nice option. 42° PW gives me pause. I guess this would be one of those sets where UW-5i is essentially PW-4i.

so nice to see a company put out clubs with "traditional" lofts. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1707845074930.png

• Staff
  • Staff
I've thought about doing an i230 set and adding something like these to the long irons. I'd have to see them. I wasn't a huge fan of the i500 or i525(though better than the i500).

They look good! I remember hitting the previous version and although the performance was nice, the sound/feel was off. If these improve on sound/feel (have to think that was addressed), they might be a nice option. 42° PW gives me pause. I guess this would be one of those sets where UW-5i is essentially PW-4i.

I crossed the Rubicon on what a 'set' of irons are when I dropped my 5 iron for a 5h last month. Now I am down to five ZX5 irons in my bag (6-PW). Then go straight to a CBX 48*.

I had a set of 4-PW 565s. And thought it was strange buying a 5-PW set of six.

Haven't hit any of the recent PING stuff but I don't hate the look of these. Specs wise, they look like they'll blend pretty well with the i230s.

They look much cleaner to my eye than the past few iterations.

I've thought about doing an i230 set and adding something like these to the long irons. I'd have to see them. I wasn't a huge fan of the i500 or i525(though better than the i500).
I bet the gap from one set to the next might cause you to carry say 2 6 irons…

Preorders start 3/7 and launches 4/3

Feel like this is one I'd need to see in person to make a judgement on.

Waiting on the fitting heads to get into stores to compare these to Callaway Pros/King Tours/ and current ZX5’s.

I think these look pretty clean. I’ll have to give them a swing at some point.

What are you ordering?

😀😀😀 the previous generations of i5xx never worked all that well for me. But this one looks sweet so I’ll be giving it a whirl. Going to check with the local fitting center to see if they have demos yet

😀😀😀 the previous generations of i5xx never worked all that well for me. But this one looks sweet so I’ll be giving it a whirl. Going to check with the local fitting center to see if they have demos yet
Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Reminds me of the iCrossover - The Ping irons have real, sleek "50's Industrial Space Age" look to them, if that makes sense.

1707918217533.png

Last edited:
Reminds me of the iCrossover - The Ping irons have real, sleek "50's Industrial Space Age" look to them, if that make sense.
I have always been a fan of the more satin look/finish they use. It holds up well. You can take a set of G5's on the used rack and it will often look better than some used set of chrome finished irons that came out in 2023. I have tried many a chrome finished iron and after 1 range sesh i feel like I have ruined the club. Just not for me.

The Ping irons have real, sleek "50's Industrial Space Age" look to them, if that make sense.
This is a good way of putting it. I know a lot of people don't like the look of Ping irons, but I do, and you described it in a way I'd never thought of. It clarifies in my head why I like them. I'm into that sort of look. Weird comparison here but it reminds me of Tomorrowland at Disney World's Magic Kingdom -- a "yesterday's view of tomorrow"/"retro futuristic" sort of vibe.

so nice to see a company put out clubs with "traditional" lofts. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 9242568
When I saw the lofts, I thought that they were stronger than normal for Ping offerings, even in this segment. These may even be stronger than the “Power Spec” offerings from other releases. We all know that loft is one of many factors in determining launch, ball speed and distance, but these specs did jump out at me.

These look real nice as I had the i525's and if it were not for the feel or sound they would still be in my bag. I hope PING addresses this issue with the i530 as I just pulled the trigger on some BluePrints S and really glad I did

Back