Ping Scottsdale Putters

rsawyers

Reaction score
I know there is a review thread on these putters but I didn't want to step on the toes of the testers. I was at my local Pro Shop last Thursday and got to see a Ping rep give a fitting on the new Ping putters. Wow was I impressed! He gave us the details and showed us how the new face technology on the new Scottsdale putters gave a more consistent distance with even 3/4" miss hit forward or back due to the depth of the grooves at the center. He used the new adjustable length shaft and an Ipod with what must have been a putting app and had the guy putt 3 sets of 5 balls and gave him a reading that told him the type of shaft placement he needed and the shaft adjustment was able to give him a length as well. He had the choice to keep the adjustable shaft or get one cut to his length. The downside to the adjustable shaft is the stock ping grip is the only one approved by the USGA. I was totally amazed by the use of technology to tell the rep exactly what the guy needed, not to mention the awesomeness of the new Ping Scottsdale putter! Needless to say I am really impressed!

Back