Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Recently watched a few of his videos. Anyone else watch him. What are you thoughts. It makes some since to me. How about you.

Yes I've recently started watching some of his stuff. His mentor teaches pretty local to me. I was trying his hip bump move the other day.

I've had multiple lessons with both Adam and Mike and in fact am having one with Mike on Saturday.

Awesome coaches who are in the elite tier and they're both just as nice as they appear on camera.

I tried his hip bump on Sunday. I’ve watched several of his videos. I really like how he teaches and what he’s teaching.

Been watching for a year or more... the only one I listen to...

He's great.

Been watching Porzak for awhile now. His teachings are awesome. I know @MarMill enjoys Porzaks as well.

I've said it before, but he has a wedge video out there that is fantastic. Partial swings is the focus.

My only issue with his YouTube content is that it can lack focus.

I enjoy porzak. The brace and the post make a lot of sense to me. Really pretty easy to understand.

I enjoy porzak. The brace and the post make a lot of sense to me. Really pretty easy to understand.
Totally agree. The brace and post makes a ton of since to me as well. It solves some of my swing issues. One of my issues is swaying off the ball. Posted up on front leg with slight hip bump eliminates sway in both directions. Will be taking some of this to the range. Will also be purging some of the you tube channels I subscribe to.

Totally agree. The brace and post makes a ton of since to me as well. It solves some of my swing issues. One of my issues is swaying off the ball. Posted up on front leg with slight hip bump eliminates sway in both directions. Will be taking some of this to the range. Will also be purging some of the you tube channels I subscribe to.
Yeah, I started to get too slid "E" in the backswing. If I can get a good setup and feel like my right hip stays inside my ankle good things happen.

I've been watching his YT for a few months now.
Very good teacher/coach and I like his style/method of teaching.
His bunker lesson has helped me quite a bit.
Working on his take away (hand path) and rotation (covering) stuff currently.

I've been watching his YT for a few months now.
Very good teacher/coach and I like his style/method of teaching.
His bunker lesson has helped me quite a bit.
Working on his take away (hand path) and rotation (covering) stuff currently.
Working on the bold, too. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

He is so long winded for me.I tried watching his stuff but lose interest almost immediately.Not trolling,but being honest

If he speaks to you than keep at it.Have to find what style works for you

Last edited:
I've unsubscribed to to anyone else, although I like Dan Grieves' short game stuff. Some instructors explain the "feels" in ways that click and point out the root of a problem simply. Porzak is that guy for me. I have some friends in deep with some of the other instructors, but all the contraptions and positions to hit at ten different points in the backswing and downswing just don't resonate with me.

for example, I have heard lots of instructors talk about spine angle, especially with a driver. But if you just tilt your spine towards your trail foot you open the door for other issues. Porzak does a good job showing how the hip bump accomplishes this while protecting you from some other bad habits. He also has some good stuff explaining the relationship of the cupping of the left wrist and how that is controlled so much with your trail elbow.

His videos are just clips from much longer sessions, so they don't flow so well, but I find the light bulb goes on for me with him more than most other instructors I have come across.

Could someone explain the bump move to me. I have replayed Porzak explaining it several times but not getting it.

Could someone explain the bump move to me. I have replayed Porzak explaining it several times but not getting it.
I e only started watching him recently. The bump to me looks like it does a couple things. Should eliminate swaying off the ball. Then it should aid in getting back to front side on down swing earlier. By being in somewhat of a posted up position it should eliminate getting out in front of ball also. My opinion

Here is a good video of him explaining the hip bump in more detail.

Hate to say I want vacation to end but I need to get back on the range at home.

Started watching Porzak this weekend. He helped with the idea of how to shallow the club. The two best tips for me was tie a little knot with the right armpit of your shirt and tuck it between your arm and your pec. Also at address make sure the inside of right elbow is pointed up. Both moves promote a one piece takeaway and naturally shallow the club. Also prevents over rotation.
I went to an inside golf dome today and concentrated on these two tips. I was crushing it. Very excited to watch more of him.

Back