Practicing for the THP Outing!

Badass

Reaction score
Handicap
Its almost May and the THP Outing is getting closer! I've been dying to get out and practice but the weather up here hasn't been great and the courses have only been open for a week or so. This has been the first sunny weekend in Edmonton where I have been able to get out (snowed here midweek). I thought Id take full advantage of the sun and hit a couple buckets at the driving range and played 45 holes!

I played 9 holes I played Saturday morning to get back into it, and a full 18 Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Im not sure how, but I got my best and third best scores of all time (105 on Saturday and 98 on Sunday). However, on my Sunday round, there was flooding on two of the holes due to a broken water main. This reduced a 445 yard par 4 by about 100 yards (green was just a hole on the fairway) and a 364 yard par 4 by about 100 yards (tee box was moved up). I shot a 5 and a 4 on those holes which is better than my Saturday round where I shot 6 and 5 respectively.

My question is how, or if, the change in the course due to the flooding should impact my score. I'm really hoping I can still keep my score of 98 as being somewhat official as its my first time breaking 100!

Its almost May and the THP Outing is getting closer! I've been dying to get out and practice but the weather up here hasn't been great and the courses have only been open for a week or so. This has been the first sunny weekend in Edmonton where I have been able to get out (snowed here midweek). I thought Id take full advantage of the sun and hit a couple buckets at the driving range and played 45 holes!

I played 9 holes I played Saturday morning to get back into it, and a full 18 Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Im not sure how, but I got my best and third best scores of all time (105 on Saturday and 98 on Sunday). However, on my Sunday round, there was flooding on two of the holes due to a broken water main. This reduced a 445 yard par 4 by about 100 yards (green was just a hole on the fairway) and a 364 yard par 4 by about 100 yards (tee box was moved up). I shot a 5 and a 4 on those holes which is better than my Saturday round where I shot 6 and 5 respectively.

My question is how, or if, the change in the course due to the flooding should impact my score. I'm really hoping I can still keep my score of 98 as being somewhat official as its my first time breaking 100!

You played the course as it was set up so I see no reason to think the score should not count as your official 1st sub 100 round. Congratulations!!!

You played the course as it was set up so I see no reason to think the score should not count as your official 1st sub 100 round. Congratulations!!!

I would agree! Consider it an accomplishment and build from there!

Congrats on breaking 100! It's official in my book!

Yup it counts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks guys, that's the response I was hoping for! Hopefully my improvement will help solidify a Team Nicklaus win!

good stuff Badass to bad youre still not on the winning team! lol

I think the The Golden Bear himself would approve. Keep up the hard work and we will see you in 2 weeks.

Team Jack for the crushing victory.

Congrats on breaking 100 roomie!

Congrats on the milestone. Keep up the great work.

TapAhoy!

Back