Private Club Feature or Bug?

This is the "the bathroom is down that hall" (with 6 identical doors and no labels), "the range is out to the left" (4 paths to the left and range not in sight), "it (answer to your question) is in the ______ thread" (185 page thread) and that stuff pisses me off to no end. It's just gatekeeping exclusionary nonsense that always says more to me about the people involved than whether or not that new person belongs there.
A world of have and have nots.

My club has no hole signs on the tee boxes and a few years ago took away the 150 yard barber poles on all but two par 4’s. I paid closer attention today and most of the holes have a small diameter 3’ wooden 150 yard makers in the rough on one side of each par 4 and 5 fairway. It’s funny that I wasn’t sure if we had those but Ive been religiously using a laser rangefinder since 1995 for every approach shot over 35ish yards so I have no use for markers on my home course. Barber poles in the middle of the fairway of par 4’s are super helpful when playing a course the first time.

Never seen that. But it would annoy me.

From Dormie Club IYKYK

_SBP2632_DC_3_A7R_1.jpg

I'm all for the most natural appearance, so I'm ok with it. Maybe they could use flowers, trees, or bushes to mark the holes in order.

Back