R7tp or Forged MC MB combo

NestmanJ

Reaction score
Handicap
snow
To all thpers out there i need your help. I am currently playing Taylormade R7 TP 3-PW dg x100 irons i love these things. This is why i am wondering about switching I found a set of TP forged MC 3,4 MB 5-PW with TT X100 irons for a price that is very reasonable i got the ok from the wife to make the trade in, now it is just my self trying to make the right decision for my game i just had my r7's re gripped and shafted and the new ones need to be re gripped please guys help me out with this one i am heading out later today to either make the purchase or just keep the irons that i have i am so up in the air with this one:banghead:

To all thpers out there i need your help. I am currently playing Taylormade R7 TP 3-PW dg x100 irons i love these things. This is why i am wondering about switching I found a set of TP forged MC 3,4 MB 5-PW with TT X100 irons for a price that is very reasonable i got the ok from the wife to make the trade in, now it is just my self trying to make the right decision for my game i just had my r7's re gripped and shafted and the new ones need to be re gripped please guys help me out with this one i am heading out later today to either make the purchase or just keep the irons that i have i am so up in the air with this one:banghead:

I am assuming these are located in a physical store? Why not take your current 7 iron and hit some shots with it and the MB 7 iron and see how they feel side by side. Maybe do the same thing with your 4 irons.

How are the new grips on your current clubs installed? If they were blown on with air, they should be able to be taken off easily and moved to your new set without destroying the grip itself.

i have compared them they have a very similar feel off the face the only real difference is the R7 has a slight draw, the TP's are a bit farther according to the simulator but i don't really trust hitting 10 ft in to a screen to give me accurate ball flight and shot shape, as for the grips they were not put on with an air gun

I have a blended set. It's a great idea

Hey Nestman,

I have the r7 TP's as well, with PX 5.5's in them. They are a great set for sure, I've always been able to strike them very well, even the long irons, and they have nice control. But the feel really isn't there compared to shallower cavity/muscleback, forged heads, and in recent years they have made strides with forgiveness in these type of heads as well. So I would say, if you care about feel, its definitely a good upgrade if you can hit MB irons. But they will be much less forgiving (the MC 3 and 4 will be similar to your r7's). Also, keep in mind that the MB heads will also likely lower your natural trajectory with the same shafts.

Oh and if you do trade them, GET FIT! I plan to on my upgrade.

I think the blended set is a great idea, I've always wanted one, and this weekend I tried the MB on the range and was impressed. Those TP irons from last year were fantastic, I say go for it

Sent from my iPhone 5, using Tapatalk 2

well i just got back from the store and i have made my mind up i am sticking it out for one more season or maybe more with the R7's. I compared the two head to head again, and distance and workability are the same on screen the mc/mb was a bit tighter grouping but not by much. like my father has told me time and time again if its not broke don't fix it so why buy new when i love my old ones thank you guys for the quick responses and help with this

I always like the idea of a combo set, so that's what I'd do.

I currently have the MC's in 4i-6i and MB's 7i-PW. I'm in love with this set up. I hit the Cobra AMP Cell Pro one day on the sim and thought I was going to switch, few days later hit them again and proved to myself I'm set with my current set up. However sounds like you're sticking it out with r7's either way OP good luck this season!

well i just got back from the store and i have made my mind up i am sticking it out for one more season or maybe more with the R7's. I compared the two head to head again, and distance and workability are the same on screen the mc/mb was a bit tighter grouping but not by much. like my father has told me time and time again if its not broke don't fix it so why buy new when i love my old ones thank you guys for the quick responses and help with this

That's the best thing to do, maybe next year haha, or wait till you can snag a combo set for cheap!

Sent from my iPhone 5, using Tapatalk 2

Back