R9 shaft/adapter into newer TM offerings.

Cobb

Reaction score
Handicap
Tried some searching and have found mixed results on this question... So I currently have an R9 3 wood that is getting little to no use. My question is, will the shaft/adapter from that club fit properly into a newer Taylormade head(r11/rbz/rbz2) without any modifications?

Thanks in advance.

It'll work into the newer offerings, just not the R1. What you'll need to remember though are the left and right settings are gone, and now it's higher and lower. Opening the face (right) will decrease the loft, closing the face (left) will increase the loft.

It'll work into the newer offerings, just not the R1. What you'll need to remember though are the left and right settings are gone, and now it's higher and lower. Opening the face (right) will decrease the loft, closing the face (left) will increase the loft.
Thanks for the prompt response, I had read this but many contradicted the statement, thanks for clearing this up.

Thanks for the prompt response, I had read this but many contradicted the statement, thanks for clearing this up.

Nope, it works just fine. I've got an R9 shafted tip on a shaft I have in my R11 5w. Never had a problem with it.

Also keep in mind that the RBZ adapter will fit into any FCT club (R9-R11S models plus original RBZ driver). Only difference is the color of the RBZ one is green and standard is red. The R9 adapters were also I believe .5* adjustable and the R11S/RBZ ones 1.5*.

Back