Rain pants alterations/hemming

golfingcop

Reaction score
Handicap
Not all men have long legs! Has anyone ever had a problem buying rain pants only to find out they're about 5 inches longer than normal? I'm sure people have had this problem but how come equipment manufacturers (Footjoy, Sun Mountain, etc.) don't realize this? Is it just me? After paying a hundred or so dollars for good Footjoy's I gotta go find someone who will do a good job trimming my rain pants so that I don't trip on myself stepping on the extra length. Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and how'd you deal with it? How was quality after the alterations?

I am short myself so I hear ya.There are a couple of options you can consider.

Mizuno makes the only rain pants I can think of off the top of my head that provide both a leg length adjustment by virtue of a column of hidden buttons just below the knee. The buttons do not allow you to remove the bottom of the pant leg and turn the pants into shorts bue they do allow you to adjust the pant leg length by about 3-4 inches. The Mizuno also has a row of buttons at the leg opening that allow you to close the opening so that the pant leg will not drag.

While Mizuno has the only rain pants with the length adjustment feature there are several with the leg opening adjustment which should be adequite in most cases (ZR has it for sure).

My bad. The Mizuno adjustments are via snaps not buttons. I knew that and just blew it in the original post.

Last edited:
It seems that it would be a simple supply and demand thing. THey make the sizes the most popular sizes. Just like apparel and any of the companies we deal with. I have a pair of Nike rain pants that I had cut a little shorter (about 2 inches short as they sent 36 length). They work great. Find a good tailor and they can work magic.

I got a sweet pair of Sunice rain pants and they are a bit too long as well. The problem is they have zippers on the bottom of each leg so I don't think I can get them altered?? When I play I am stepping on them a little bit which is rather annoying. Any suggestions?

^

roll them up a bit? not to stylish, but effective :)

Actually they can be hemmed. The tailor that does it will likely zing you a bit on the price but it can be done. They will remove the zippers, hem the pants and then reinstall the zippers. That is a good bit of work so that is why it is a little pricy. That said, the Sunice rain suit pants are a darned good rain pant in my view and if you were lucky enough to get a deal on them, that could cover the cost to have them hemmed ( rationalize, rationalize)

Thanks. I actually got a great deal on them from tgw.com. They still have some for like $40 now. They are grey pinstripes.

Back