RAM FX77 irons anyone?

Floridatennisplayer

Reaction score
Handicap
These look really nice and they’ve gotten great reviews and at a low price for sure. Anybody here tried them yet?

Attachments

• IMG_1246.png
    IMG_1246.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 44
Are you playing them?

Did a quick read and they are highly rated for forgiveness -- not so much for other considerations.

Good Golfing

They look very similar to the Takomo 101, Sub70 699, and a Giga offering. They all have very good reviews. The black heads wear quickly but they perform well according to all the reviews online. I wish they had a 48* club instead of the 4 iron.

Will pass on anything ram newer than 1980.

I bought the Giga M410 (Look almost exactly like the FX77). I liked them. The lofts on the Giga set were 3.5* weaker than my Sim2 Max and Got all the same yardages so I figured I would just stay with what I know for now.
However, they felt nice and turf interaction was smooth for me. They felt really nice off the clubface but still gave you enough feedback when you didn't strike it well. They are forgiving. If you are going to get the irons I would say they are worth it. That being said, Kirkland Irons are due to be released 11/1 and they are a hollow body forged and "supposedly" rival the P790 with MSRP of $499 4-PW. I would wait until they come out because you know there will be 100 YT reviews before Thanksgiving and consider those as well and make your choice on which ones then unless you really need the irons now.
On the GigaGolf set I bought them when they had a 15% off and got them for $327 shipped 5-PW.

so, super old post but I didn't think I should create a new one.

I built out a set of the Ram FX77's last week and finally got a chance to put them in play yesterday. I wasn't sure how this was going to go because they are a bit weaker lofted than my current gamers - ParadymX.

to be honest, these things are just as long as my gamers - but a tad less forgiving. Id say it was not a great ball striking day, so I'm just comparing my normal mishits out on the toe. I suspect with center contact, the Callaways are longer than the Rams, but on mishits they are almost identical as far as distance goes. still scratching my head on that one.
not apples to apples because I have different shafts in them, but for the price I paid ($238.50 shipped), these are a STEAL.

so, super old post but I didn't think I should create a new one.

I built out a set of the Ram FX77's last week and finally got a chance to put them in play yesterday. I wasn't sure how this was going to go because they are a bit weaker lofted than my current gamers - ParadymX.

to be honest, these things are just as long as my gamers - but a tad less forgiving. Id say it was not a great ball striking day, so I'm just comparing my normal mishits out on the toe. I suspect with center contact, the Callaways are longer than the Rams, but on mishits they are almost identical as far as distance goes. still scratching my head on that one.
not apples to apples because I have different shafts in them, but for the price I paid ($238.50 shipped), these are a STEAL.
They are weaker lofted and just as long as your ParadymX irons??? Wow!

They are weaker lofted and just as long as your ParadymX irons??? Wow!
On my standard toe side mishits, yes.
But they are a bit more "workable" and have less offset, so it's a little harder to keep those mishits on target.

On my standard toe side mishits, yes.
But they are a bit more "workable" and have less offset, so it's a little harder to keep those mishits on target.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Which shafts do you have in each set?

Back