heftylefty

Reaction score
Handicap
I posted yesterday how bad a range session I had that day....It drove me nuts all day..I watched a cell phone video clip that my daughter had taken of a couple of my swings with an 8iron..I caught something that I had not noticed, my stance seemed way to wide for a short iron.

I was thinking that maybe with that uber wide stance coupled with tension in my grip and arms that may have helped contribute to my toe hits.

Back to the range narrowed my stance and stayed loose and relaxed. Started with easy wedges nice crisp shots. Kept checking my club face to see where I was making contact much closer to center feeling good.

Started working my way to my 8 iron and then onto 7iron. SOLID CONTACT ! Nice high irons with a slight draw..

Grabbed the driver lets stretch it out ! I was able to keep the ball rolling, Nice drives..I can't tell you how much better I felt after that bucket of balls.

I came home and quickly put together a list of swing thoughts I was focusing on

1. light grip pressure/No tension in arms.

2. Narrow stance flare right foot. (lefty)

3. Slight weight forward on right foot

4. slow inside take away

5. head still/no sway

6. focus on ball

7. Feel resistance in turn

8. Smooth Fire thru ball

9. Nice balanced finish

Now lets see if I can repeat it next time out !! fingers crossed !

Be sure and do something nice for your daughter!

Man, that's a lot of swing thoughts!! :act-up: Hopefully you can get that nailed down to a few simple feels soon, your range time will be much improved when you do. Keep at it!

Man, that's a lot of swing thoughts!! :act-up: Hopefully you can get that nailed down to a few simple feels soon, your range time will be much improved when you do. Keep at it!

Yea I cant squeeze all that in..swinging...the main thing for me i think is dont sway, keep that head still

I dint think you have enough swing thoughts....

Back