Reasonably priced balls

Zolon

Reaction score
Handicap
golf
Whats a good distance and soft ball that doesn't cost as much as pro v 1's or pentas

Whats a good distance and soft ball that doesn't cost as much as pro v 1's or pentas

Sounds like you may be a candidate for the Bridgestone e-5, go to the top of the home page and click on the B-Fit link and see what they say.

Would you recommend any of the srixons?

Would you recommend any of the srixons?

The Q stars are very popular right now, The Soft Feels and Ad333's may be an option also.

E-5 came to mind for me as well, Callaway Diablo as well. I use the I(S) normally, but ue the Diablo Tour when I want a little more softness. I'm sure you will get a variety of responses depending on what manufacture people play.

I have pro v 1's but when i'm playing bad or nervous about a shot over a hazard i want a good but cheap ball so if i lose one its not as bad as losing 4 dollars.

You might want to look into used Pro V1's online.

There are many options. My personal favorite cheaper ball is the Gamer V2, but I wouldn't describe it as soft. The E5 seems like i tmight be a good option as some one mentioned earlier. It's a mid priced ball with a Urethane cover.

Not in any order:
Bridgestone E5, Srixon Q-Star. & heard great stuff aboyt Callaways HX DIABLO Tour & if your Walmart has TM TP Red

Callaway HX Diablo Tour. Great ball for under 30 bucks.

Tap before talk.

NXT Tour, TP Red, e5, Q-star, HX Diablo Tour, the list goes on...

Diablo Tour. TM Burner Tour. E5.

Depends on what you are looking for out of a ball besides price, but another solid performer is the Noodle Longest. I shot several low rounds with them this year.

Burner tour has pretty decent distance and feels relatively soft around the green too. Got them cheap recently so thought I'd try them, I like them.

e5, Qstar, Diablo tour are all balls that fit your need that I have played this year. The e5 is the best all-around of the group in my opinion.

Taylormade Burners TP hands down.

Pentas very cheap here in Oz ATM. Too good to pass up at $33 per doz.

Most of the mid range balls perform well, IMO. Always have had a soft spot for Bridgeys.

The Pentas are on sale here but Diablo Tour, Q-Star and E series are good balls priced less than $30.

Any ball in the $30 range would be fine: Bridgestone E series, Titleist NXT. Even a Srixon Q-Star would be a great choice and its only in the $20 range.
You wont get quite the same performance as you would win a tour ball but if you have problems with putting a lot of sidespin on the ball or dont have a very fast swingspeed and dont compress the ball well enough you may actually be better off with a distance ball.

For the ball du jour right now it would have to be the q-star. Since you are a titlest fan I would give the NXT Tours a shot.

Back