Rebuilding my swing using Ben Hogan's 5 Lessons

I think I need to start practicing more and taking lessons again. I see potential, but consistency kills me every time.

I’ve been struggling for a while with hitting my clubs off the toe. This continued today at the range. So, I stopped and tried to figure out logically why. I tried a couple things with no improvement.

Then, a light bulb just went off. I was putting on the toe side of my putter, and during my putter fitting years ago, the fitter had me put my weight on the balls of my feet. This centered my strikes on the putter. So, I tried this. Boom. I started striking everything in the middle. Golf is a funny game.

Nice. Recently had something similar with toe shots. Figured "toe" shots meant I was getting away from the ball, which is true, but moving my stance closer to the ball didn't help. Then I remembered something similar to your experience and realized I was sitting back in my heels. No bueno. Got back to more weight on the front pads of my feet and back to center contact.

You're right in that golf is funny, and in my later years I've found micro adjustments to be much better than major changes. Hogan knew what he was talking about, and while he didn't give everything away, 5 Lessons is a great book for any beginner to build a foundation. Much of my swing has roots in his foundations.

Going to the range and practice green tomorrow. Need to get some time in with the new equipment.

Back