Recipe Recipe of the Week - Turkey Meatloaf

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
If you listened to the latest episode of The Worst Golf Podcast, then you heard me talk about this turkey meatloaf. I am honestly not a big fan of meatloaf but I LOVE this one and so does @JB and that says a lot for something that is "healthy". I always make a double batch, it's that good.

turkey-meatloaf-8-500x750.jpg

Turkey Meatloaf
Recipe from. --> https://www.skinnytaste.com/turkey-meatloaf-45/
PREP TIME: 5 mins, COOK TIME: 55 mins, TOTAL TIME: 1 hr

Ingredients

1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp ketchup

2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1/2 small onion (minced)

1 tsp olive oil

1.3 lb ground turkey (99% or 93% (I prefer 93))

1/2 cup seasoned whole wheat or gluten-free breadcrumbs

1 large egg

1 tsp marjoram or Italian Seasoning

1 teaspoon kosher salt

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl combine 2 tbsp of the ketchup with Worcestershire sauce.
3. In a small skillet, heat olive oil and onion on low heat until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes, remove from heat.
4. In a medium bowl combine the turkey, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, salt and marjoram or Italian seasoning.
5. Place mixture into a loaf pan or shape into a loaf and place on a baking pan. Spoon sauce on top.
6. Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes, remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before slicing.

Notes
calculated with 99% lean turkey

Serving: 1/4, Calories: 259kcal, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 37g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 104mg, Sodium: 390mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 6g

My main issue with turkey is it dries out. I am guessing the egg and olive oil help that.

Been trying to stay away from "too much" red meat so this looks like a good alternative. Gonna give it a try.

That def look really good and I am assuming healthy as well!

• Admin
My main issue with turkey is it dries out. I am guessing the egg and olive oil help that.

I promise you, there is nothing dry about this meatloaf. You have my word. And if you are worried about it being dry (although it won't be) you could actually add a little shredded zucchini to it for extra moisture and hidden veggies.

That def look really good and I am assuming healthy as well!

It is healthy, but it doesn't taste healthy, it's really really good. If it tasted healthy @JB would never eat it.

I promise you, there is nothing dry about this meatloaf. You have my word. And if you are worried about it being dry (although it won't be) you could actually add a little shredded zucchini to it for extra moisture and hidden veggies.

It is healthy, but it doesn't taste healthy, it's really really good. If it tasted healthy @JB would never eat it.
I figured it wouldnt be with the egg and olive oil.

Will be passing this recipe on to my wife.

I will be making this recipe this weekend

I’ll add this - if we want to reduce sugars and calories a little more consider using GH Hughes sugar free ketchup

32C6562A-5D56-498A-90B2-94365468C5A7.jpeg

Made this last night and doubled the recipe because it makes such good leftovers. Now we are set for lunch and dinner for the next few days.

Back