Reflecting on my successful putter fitting

xcman04

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So ever since I picked up golf again a few years ago, it’s been nothing but a revolving door of putters for me. Try one, love it, buy it, play it, something just doesn’t feel 100% right, trade it in, repeat cycle. While I’m definitely one of those folks who actually loves trying out putters and enjoys collecting them, I also recognize that sticking with a putter that works is probably best for my overall score (and budget).

Last year I was gifted a putter fitting at Club Champion and got fit into a 2022 Bettinardi Inovai slant neck, and I added a BGT Stability Tour shaft (black) and a Lamkin Sink Fit Straight grip. Never thought I’d go with a high end milled putter but it checked off all the boxes for me based on my fitting. This year, I made a resolution to stick with one putter for the season, and my Inovai has run away with the top spot in my bag. The combination of the feel at impact, the weight, the looks, and more importantly the results have made this putter my #1 by a mile. I'm putting better now than at any point before with any other putter, and it just feels great to finally put my FOMO to rest (on the course, anyway - at home I still like hitting some of my other putters just for funsies).

I had read articles and feedback here about how valuable putter fittings can be, and now I'm very glad I had one, so just thought I'd share some positive feedback on my experience. Now if only I could learn to hit my driver so I could get fit for one of those...

I am glad you found something that works. I know my last putter purchase is a beast. I can really do some magic with it but the semi blade I had before that was un-rewarding.

Happy you found something that works for you.

Awesome to hear the putter truly fits you that’s great!

That’s great to hear. I’m in the boat you were before the putter fitting and have seriously been considering doing one.

So ever since I picked up golf again a few years ago, it’s been nothing but a revolving door of putters for me. Try one, love it, buy it, play it, something just doesn’t feel 100% right, trade it in, repeat cycle. While I’m definitely one of those folks who actually loves trying out putters and enjoys collecting them, I also recognize that sticking with a putter that works is probably best for my overall score (and budget).

Last year I was gifted a putter fitting at Club Champion and got fit into a 2022 Bettinardi Inovai slant neck, and I added a BGT Stability Tour shaft (black) and a Lamkin Sink Fit Straight grip. Never thought I’d go with a high end milled putter but it checked off all the boxes for me based on my fitting. This year, I made a resolution to stick with one putter for the season, and my Inovai has run away with the top spot in my bag. The combination of the feel at impact, the weight, the looks, and more importantly the results have made this putter my #1 by a mile. I'm putting better now than at any point before with any other putter, and it just feels great to finally put my FOMO to rest (on the course, anyway - at home I still like hitting some of my other putters just for funsies).

I had read articles and feedback here about how valuable putter fittings can be, and now I'm very glad I had one, so just thought I'd share some positive feedback on my experience. Now if only I could learn to hit my driver so I could get fit for one of those...
Just did one yesterday at Club Champion. Brought my gamer in to see if it could be optimized for me. Fitter adjusted lie angle to 73*, lowered loft to 2*, and added 60 grams tungsten powder in shaft.

I played my lowest round of the year afterwards, with 6 one putts, and only 2 three putts. It feels so much better, and added a ton of confidence to that aspect of my game.

Back