right handed adapter is the same as left handed adapter, just treat the symbols as reversed, correct?

Tenja

Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Im a lefty. I ordered a used shaft with a right hand Callaway adapter. I really don't want to heat it up and replace with a lefty adapter if I can help it. Can someone please confirm that the different handed adpaters are truly the same with just the reverse markings?

If so I will just keep the righty adapter on as-is and do the adjustments reverse of what the markings show. +1 would be treated as -1, etc.

Im a lefty. I ordered a used shaft with a right hand Callaway adapter. I really don't want to heat it up and replace with a lefty adapter if I can help it. Can someone please confirm that the different handed adpaters are truly the same with just the reverse markings?

If so I will just keep the righty adapter on as-is and do the adjustments reverse of what the markings show. +1 would be treated as -1, etc.
Loft is reversed, but lie is the same. I'll attach a picture in a second

If I remember correctly other things change. For example when I change to + Loft it will close Face. If you put that Adapter on L Hander, when you change to + Loft it will open Face.
It's a trick some Fitters use.

If I remember correctly other things change. For example when I change to + Loft it will close Face. If you put that Adapter on L Hander, when you change to + Loft it will open Face.
It's a trick some Fitters use.
That is for non cog adapters. With Callaway's adapter, adding or subtracting loft doesn't change the face angle like it does on other adapters. It does very minutely but not as dramatic as an in place adapter

That’s only true for non-cam type adapters such as TM, Ping, PXG etc. For the Callaway adapter someone has already posted the conversion chart. So I won’t repost it here.

Last edited:
Back