Skycaddy watch vs. Garmin S2 watch

Klee

Let they
Reaction score
Handicap
Pondering a new watch, I like the Skycaddy and the Garmin S2. Perhaps someone can give me some feedback or reference where I can read reviews on both.

I've got the SkyCaddie watch and SGXw. The watch is spot on, compared with sprinkler heads and lasers. The downside is I haven't gotten 27 holes out of it without a recharge. Still, I use it all of the time, just using the SGXw for strategic plays, such as doglegs and hazards. Skygolf is running a promo with a card for a free year subscription ($20 value). In my mind, getting the most accurate device is the priority. I'd buy again.

There are some great threads on both if these watches

I had the SkyCaddy watch. It's a fine watch. Battery was an issue. It also doesn't have any advanced features such ad distance to layup and doglegs like the Garmin s2 does, or distance to hazards like the Bushnell Neo X does. The SkyCaddy also requires an annual subscription for course updates, which the others don't.

I sold the SkyCaddie and bought a S2. I liked the S2 a lot. It's a high-quality watch and worked very well. It was my favorite looking watch. At $249 the price is a little high compared to current competition. Battery life wasn't very good. One round and use as a watch for the rest of the day and it was dead.

I heard that the Neo X had excellent battery life and that it offered distance to hazards which I thought more useful than distance to layups and dog legs, so I exchanged the S2 for a Neo X. The X had been very accurate, as all of them have been. I have found the distance to hazards info useful. Battery life is by far the best. Yesterday I played my second round on one charge after having it in watch mode for 3 days between. Today it still shows 50% battery which is far superior to the others.

So S2 I thought was best looking, SkyCaddy not up to current watches for features at price, the Neo X the best overall. The Neo X is especially attractive when you consider that current sales at GolfGalaxy and golfsmith are at $149.

I used the Bushnell Neo X today (won it yesterday) and it was awesome! Highly recommend it!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I used the Bushnell Neo X today (won it yesterday) and it was awesome! Highly recommend it!

I am pretty jealous. That thing was absolutely awesome. On my birthday/fathers day wish list.

I am pretty jealous. That thing was absolutely awesome. On my birthday/fathers day wish list.

I've never played with a watch and even take off my wedding ring to play. The Neo X was super comfy and never bothered me.

I've never played with a watch and even take off my wedding ring to play. The Neo X was super comfy and never bothered me.

Hmm they are either on sale or the price dropped to $149.99. I may have sent a link to my wifes email "accidentally"

Did it match your outfit?

PLayed 2 rounds with my Garmin S2 and love it. It is not distracting at all, in fact it has helped me speed up a tad. I got tired of having to grab my iPhone for every shot. I picked the Garmin because I preferred the style and I refused to pay the yearly fee to Skycaddie.

I picked up a Neo X and only used it for one four hour round. I didn't have the SkyCaddie watch with me but I compared it to my my SGXw and there was only a one or two yard discrepancy between the two, if at all. The cool thing was the battery was still showing all four bars. I know these gauges can't be taken too strictly, but I'm confident I can play 36 in a day with the watch. I don't care about the $20 subscription price for the SkyCaddie, but not being able to play two rounds in a day with it is a bummer. I'm returning my SkyCaddie watch.

FWIW, I like the SGXw for an overall view and layout of a hole for a dogleg or hazard (the Neo X does have limited hazard info), but hate carrying the SGXw out with me on approach shots when it's a cart path only course.

I purchased the Garmin S2 last week. The guy at Golfsmith was very helpful and provide a lot of details on each watch. - he really seemed to know his stuff & recommended the S2. So I want with it. Used it on Saturday and compared the S2 to my SGWx - it was on the mark all day. A watch is much easier than the SGWx - just less to deal with. I will still carry my SGWx in my bag & use on courses I haven't played. Thank for the feedback

Back